Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Hakuna Matata, btches!
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i currently doin a build for my 03....i need to replace the mid fairing on the right side. I already bought some new fairings. I started thinking about getting some mid carbon fiber fairings. I found these on ebay. what do you guys think, would it be worth it........

Mids
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Carb...2476114QQptZMotorcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Front fender
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Carb...1988877QQptZMotorcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Im new to the idea of carbon fiber, so any input or help would be great

·
Go Ahead
2,705 Posts
This is alll up to you man. The front fender looks nice. Nice tight weave and it doesn't zig zag all over the place. The mids, the picture is too far away to tell if it is good quality or not.

I personally am not a fan of CF on black bike b/c it just looks goofy going down the road.

-Ant.

·
Parts Pimp
26,470 Posts
too expensive...Unless your in a MotoGP race, CF seems like a waste of good money.

Yo Coop, what color you gonna do the bike in? I see it's black now, but cracked up. I think the Carbon mid and front fender would look ridiculously awesome if the rest of the plastics are gonna be white. If you are gonna leave it black, I don't know how good the carbon is gonna look. it kinda disappears on a black bike.

And regarding the hydro printing, there's so much sick shit you can do.. I wouldn't bother with imitation carbon fiber. I'd go with some sick pattern with rich colors to take advantage of the technique being used.

My .02

·
Hakuna Matata, btches!
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Yo Coop, what color you gonna do the bike in? I see it's black now, but cracked up. I think the Carbon mid and front fender would look ridiculously awesome if the rest of the plastics are gonna be white. If you are gonna leave it black, I don't know how good the carbon is gonna look. it kinda disappears on a black bike.

And regarding the hydro printing, there's so much sick shit you can do.. I wouldn't bother with imitation carbon fiber. I'd go with some sick pattern with rich colors to take advantage of the technique being used.

My .02
Im not sure what i am gonna do yet, i plan on keeping the bike black, right now the new mids are white, unpainted. I was planning on painting them matte black. I was just thinking carbon fiber accents. Its all up in the air still. i still have some time before i get home for good

·
Parts Pimp
26,470 Posts
Im not sure what i am gonna do yet, i plan on keeping the bike black, right now the new mids are white, unpainted. I was planning on painting them matte black. I was just thinking carbon fiber accents. Its all up in the am still. i still have some time before i get home for good
True true.

·
Hakuna Matata, btches!
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Hakuna Matata, btches!
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

·
My ZX6R ate my R6!
730 Posts
Dude, I think the carbon fiber would look pretty bad ass. If I had the cash I would def get those items you listed.

·
Hakuna Matata, btches!
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
well i ordered the front fender, if i like it ill probably order the mids.....if i dont i can always sell it

·
Hakuna Matata, btches!
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
got my front fender today what do you guys think.....

1 - 20 of 27 Posts