Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know This is a very minor item but its still a review , or should I say a warning. I bought this overlay off ebay real cheap. So I'm really at no loss. Next one will be bought from skur . Anyways It's a Berg Racing USA Carbon fuel cap overlay . Is super thin and basically a cheap sticker . Here's a picture of the product. Don't waste your time . :thumbdown

[/IMG]

·
Banned
130 Posts
When I was developing the way I made my products I took a look at their covers and still have them to use as a comparison for fit and finish quality. I know what you mean....

One layer thick, no surface coat, made out of polyester resin....

I just cut a sheet yesterday using a new method that I've been trying to perfect for the last couple of months. Let's just say that this new method puts the other covers that everyone on here think are so good to shame. The look and edge quality are the same but there is no countless hours of me hand sanding these damn things to make them look good!!! Precision is crazy and work time has dropped DRAMATICALLY!!! Meaning I'll be getting to those colored fabrics sooner than I thought.

I feel your loss even though you got it for cheap..... I have about 150 covers from various manufacturers sitting around. All trash to me. I don't like a single one....

·
Registered
146 Posts
FYI Yamaha makes these and they are very nice and thick! I believe they are just over $30 at my local dealer. My buddy has one on his R1; I would on my R6 if I had the stock cap.

·
Banned
130 Posts
FYI Yamaha makes these and they are very nice and thick! I believe they are just over $30 at my local dealer. My buddy has one on his R1; I would on my R6 if I had the stock cap.
That is true. Yamaha does have them for $30. Or you could buy mine for $18.49 and spend the other $12 toward a triple tree cover that surrounds the fork tubes (the 07-08 R1 cover I bought from Yamaha doesn't surround the tubes) which comes with a matching ignition cover that Yamaha doesn't make, or a gauge cover that Yamaha doesn't make, or just pocket the $$.

It all comes down to how much people want to spend and where they want to spend it at....

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
i bought the yamaha product, cleaned the cap with contact spray, used a hair dryer for several min too hot set. looks like money and wont budge a mm. also got thier other carbon parts as well . im happy.

·
blue on blue
327 Posts
the one that i got was pretty thick, like the gel Yamaha emblems, looks sweet, i love it.

·
Registered
337 Posts
I picked up 2 sets of all the carbon covers from SKUR and they look sweeeet. I need to wash and clean up my bikes so I can put it all on. It's really nice looking and glossy. I'll take some pics and post em up at some point!

Chief, post up some pics. I'm thinking about getting the gas cap and triple cover.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
the one that i got was pretty thick, like the gel Yamaha emblems, looks sweet, i love it.
Are you saying the carbon overlay Yamaha version is a gel puff sticker ? Post up a picture of Yamahas installed if you can bro . Just so Everyone can compare .

·
Spend ALL the monies!
1,853 Posts
the kid that i bought my bike from three years ago had the yamaha one. It was nice but you could tell that he didnt clean the area before he put it on because it was coming up on the corners on the inside...

ripped it off and need to buy the skur full set...

·
Parts Pimp
26,470 Posts
the kid that i bought my bike from three years ago had the yamaha one. It was nice but you could tell that he didnt clean the area before he put it on because it was coming up on the corners on the inside...

ripped it off and need to buy the skur full set...
I got my 02 with some cheap shit on the gas cap. I sprayed my entire bike and body with gas one day filling up. It peeled off on its own right after that. :lmao Newb moments like that I don't miss. :laugh

I'll try and get the SKUR stuff put on tonight or this weekend and will post pics.

·
Banned
130 Posts
I will be relisting in a couple days. I'm working on new auctions for the 09-11 ZX6R and 09-11 S1000RR before I relist.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts