Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think it was back in August that I ordered carbon fiber fairings. Well everything should be here by the end of next week. Once I get everything together I will post some pics.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OPP, and I don't know exactly know why it took so long. They were having problems getting it from europe and I sent the original upper back to them because of qulity reasons. I was actually calling the guy to get my money back when he said he had the stuff in.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, the OPP guy emailed me the other day and said customs will release the stuff on the 24th. So I should have it a week after thanksgiving. It will take another two weeks to get everything clear coated and on the bike. I will post pictures when it is done.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Funny you say that, because I can't wait either. I am planning on puting the factory stickers back on and painting the windscreen, plus an inch wide strip around it yamaha blue. But if that sucks I will figure something else out.

·
Registered
476 Posts
yeah, I just saw an older r6 with carbon fiber, but it was a race bike. Looked trick.

How long have you been trying to get this sorted? If I remember correctly, this has been some time?

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I think since july. It was so long ago that I have forgotten. I think this was one of the most unhappy purchases I have ever made. I should have just gotten headers and painted my bike pearl white. If I do not like the way the carbon fiber and blue looks like I will paint everything pearl white and let the carbon fiber show through for the factory stickers.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Well, customs is a bitch.

Just hope they arnt kicking your package everyday they walk by it ;)

heheh.. JK.

And yeah, Pearl (irridescence sp?) White is one of my other favorite colors!

Good luck!

·
Registered
311 Posts
Did you pay 1300 for the full set? Are you planning on selling you old fairings or were they damaged or something? Don't worry man, I'm sure theyll look beautiful... I want them now!

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I ordered the upper and lower. I think I will keep the old fairings incase I go down. With now that it is done I would not recomend the purchase. Big waste of money.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I will let you know and post pictures when everything is done. I am saying that I should have just repainted my bike and finished the performance mods. If you want a flawless finish on the carbon fiber you will have to clear coat the hell out of it. Oh and the stuff should be here today.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts