Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the title suggests, I am looking for the forum's opinion on the subject of carbon fiber fairings. Worth it or not?

In my search to replace my 2007 R6's Mid fairings (the one with the logo), I stumbled across this ebay store selling these carbon fiber ones

http://stores.ebay.com/Twill-Tech/_i.html?_fsub=462032012

I have found that a set of OEM fairings (in excellent/good condition) will cost me a $100 - $200, so this set is interesting based on its price and its brand new...

However, I'm not sure how it will look... To be honest, I'm on the fence and need some help deciding, opinions please!

·
Habitual Linestepper
984 Posts
if you want my opinion, i think carbon fairings is a little too much...i like c/f accents...like hugger, fender, tank pad...things like that...not really a fan of the all c/f look...but its your bike..and if you like it and can afford it, then go for it!

·
Mario J's Apple Juice
8,180 Posts
:stupic

GJ for going with Crownmoto, their the best looking CF in my opinion. I wouldn't go all CF, just some pieces.

For me, I'm going CF Front Fender, Mirrors, Bar Ends, Rear tire cover, Front Brake Reservoir cap and maybe rear seat cowl.

Looks good on a Charcoal imo.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
I am considering Carbon midfairings as well...... I think it will look cool between the two gloss black upper/lower fairings. I do want a carbon tank cover, rear hugger, cowl and front fender as well to tie it all in......

·
Registered
259 Posts
Crownmoto ftw!!! Getting my mid fairings from them.

·
Premium Member
12,093 Posts
Bcobe also has some cf fairings on his 6. Might ask him about them too. And I've seen his bike in person. It is sexy!! :fact

·
Registered
591 Posts
As the title suggests, I am looking for the forum's opinion on the subject of carbon fiber fairings. Worth it or not?

In my search to replace my 2007 R6's Mid fairings (the one with the logo), I stumbled across this ebay store selling these carbon fiber ones

http://stores.ebay.com/Twill-Tech/_i.html?_fsub=462032012

I have found that a set of OEM fairings (in excellent/good condition) will cost me a $100 - $200, so this set is interesting based on its price and its brand new...
However, I'm not sure how it will look... To be honest, I'm on the fence and need some help deciding, opinions please!
Where did you find them that cheap in good condition? I am replacing my mid's with cf because the previous guy dropped the bike and cratched up them pretty bad.

·
Registered
391 Posts
i think it looks cool, i remember some pics of rossi testing the m1 several years ago and he had the carbon fiber with his 46 and the sword on the front. that was really cool.

·
R6r lover!
13 Posts
Hi.

I preffer the carbon fiber vinyl efect. Is cheaper and i love the matt looks.
I know is not real carbon fiber but i think looks really awesome.

Here are some pics (a month ago, not finished) of my bike.

Best!

·
Mario J's Apple Juice
8,180 Posts
Algonva how did you get the CF vinyl? Did you wrap it yourself or did you have someone do it?

Might be interested in doing it that way now instead of buying the pieces.

·
Registered
391 Posts
man i like those carbon fiber vinyl stickers. can you just buy those at a autozone or other car place?

·
Registered
591 Posts
CF on Ebay the link is at the beginning of this thread...
I'm sorry I meant the OEM ones. The CF are probably what I will go with myself because I cant find OEM mid's that arent destroyed for a decent price.

I have called around near me and all the people that do vinyl they want almost as much to do it as buying the actual cf parts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I'm sorry I meant the OEM ones. The CF are probably what I will go with myself because I cant find OEM mid's that arent destroyed for a decent price.

I don't have a specific spot, I found some reasonable ones on Ebay and Craigslist though, all I know is I searched r6 mid fairings...

·
R6r lover!
13 Posts
Hi all! Im from spain. Here i cant found any place to buy the cf vinyl.

You can buy it here for example
http://www.metrorestyling.com/3M-DI-NOC-Carbon-Fiber-Vinyl-s/4083.htm
I bought it on UK, was better for me but this is on florida.

Remember: Only 3M Di Noc Cf Vinyl. Is the best!!

I install all the Cf vinyl by myself, its really Entertaining and if you are patient you can do it perfectly. Only u need a Hairdryer, cutter and a credit card for example.

Im not a super man hahahah all the people can do it. Think it protect the paint of you motorcicle too.. If you break the vinyl by stones or a crash you can remove and put another cf vinyl.

Best!!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts