Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I am looking for carbon fiber bits for a 04 R-6. Can not seen to find much and what I find is expensive. I would like to find a carbon fiber tank cover or carbon fiber crotch protector in one piece. Not the funny looking C/F that most of the shops sell. L/P has one for Ducatis. Can anyone help?

·
Registered
4,907 Posts
I would just get the adhesive tank protector, thats what I have and I'm happy with it.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks....

Thanks for the info. I had forgot about those guys. I thought the only thing they did was Ducati. I use to look a their stuff when i had my Ducati.

·
R6 Killed by Cager
953 Posts
I saw that bike on Highbimmin's website and it said a carbon fiber tank is in the works. It's not totally finished yet. Bet that thing's real fast because it's so light.

:burnout

I want those front rotors and those mirrors.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have the LP carbon fiber tank guard. It was like $45 bucks from a place that is high priced. It goes on with 3M VHB double sided tape. It is real carbon and fits perfectly. I get compliments on it all the time.

I also have a carbon chain guard ($100, ebay) and a Scorpion carbon fiber slip-on.

I also want to do carbon everywhere on my bike and have a few sites that are reasonably priced.

You have to know that carbon is EXPENSIVE and you must be willing to pay if you want it.

Try ebay though for the best deals on carbon stuff.

·
Registered
234 Posts

·
What what what what.
1,074 Posts
Too much Carbon Fiber for me. Although I'd take the bike if someone gave it to me.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts