Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently finished putting on my GYTR carbon gas tank top, sorry I don't have pictures with this post. Anyway if anyone is looking to buying one of these I would like to warn you in advance not to make the same mistakes I did. The first mistake I made was purchasing a non-GYTR carbon LOOKING pad for it, which was very cheap looking when I got it. I purchased it from ebay thinking I got a good deal and it said R6 on it, so I was like right on! No it was degrading plastic so I tossed it. When I bought the GYTR the first time it looked great, nice quality, only when I went to go pump gas the lid caught the bottom of the outer portion of it and tore it. I had no tools on me and was on my way to work so I just quickly tore it off. Anyway the piece was perfectly centered so you actually would have to place it slightly lower on the outer rim so that it doesn't conflict with the gas lid. Best thing to do is place it on first with the backing still on so it doesn't stick and open the lid while placed so you get a good idea of how much room to use.

In the end it is still a pretty nice compliment to the bike, I wish I just didn't have to buy it 3 times.

BTW anyone know a good radar unit? I know some install inside your helmet. I got my first ticket on sunday. :mad:

1 - 1 of 1 Posts