Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Waiting for remission...
2,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got some Carbon Fiber vinyl wrap a while back and decided to experiment with it. It's made by 3M, it's easy to work with and almost looks as good as real carbon fiber. What do you all think?

Attachments

·
iRun
33,317 Posts
Looks good... .But why would you put something over top of your vortex gas cap?

·
Waiting for remission...
2,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Got some scratches that I wanted to cover up, could have left it alone but I got bored on my day off.

·
Waiting for remission...
2,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
For some reason it looks like it has a blue tent, I guess the flash from my phone reflected off of it weird.

·
Batman wants my bike...
2,797 Posts
not bad not bad

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
I like it...wondering as to the durability...keep us posted :)

·
i want 2 ride......NOW!
361 Posts
did u cover up the vents on your gas cap?

·
Waiting for remission...
2,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
As for durability I guess only time will tell.

If you're looking to get some you're gonna have to google it because I don't remember the website I got it from. It's called 3M Di-noc carbon fiber, there are a lot of places that sell it.

I don't believe I covered any vents in the gas cap but I did have to do a little trimming around the edge, I noticed a little pressure build up when I went to get gas the other day.

·
Premium Member
146 Posts
looks great man, did u try wrapping any of the fairings yet, like the mids and front fender etc?

I think, wrapping the mids, gas tank and front fender would make ur bike look real nice to go along with the white theme :fact
i wrapped my mid fairing, check out my pictures of my bike.

·
Premium Member
146 Posts
check my profile on here for more pictures.. I have a silver bike and just wrapped my mids and few other minor pieces

matches my new CF exhaust

I will have much better photos soon with all my upgrades

·
Premium Member
146 Posts
I bought a ton of it.. I have some left i was thinking about selling.. I can take a picture of it and see if anyone wants.

·
Waiting for remission...
2,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I tried to do the tank on my bike but I couldn't make it work. It was like fitting a square peg into a round hole without getting wrinkles.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts