Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my question is has anyone powdercoated a set of Carrozzeria wheels? OR see harm being done to the wheel/finish by powdercoating them. I have intrest in a set but the colors do not match an will need either PC or painting. Sorry, havent made many posts here but an answer to this would be very helpful before they are possibly sold

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
please explain.. I'm not a painter or enginer but I'm thinking less than an ounce if so that powdercoating would add am I mistaken? they are at a deal but one is gold and one white.. so I can't exactly use them as is factory colors either. sounds like I make have an issue

·
Registered
5,244 Posts
Depends on the coater but it will add some grams to the weight.
Not a fan of the prep process as it blasts the bearing & tapped areas.
I had a set of marchesinis coated and the idiot shop actually ruined them and had to buy me a new set from the blast damage they did.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
that sucks man sorry to hear that! any suggestions? I had a set of car wheels painted in the past and I am not a fan. I really don't want to pass up this deal guys even though I wasn't on the market for wheels. But I don't want I buy then and ruin them with coating

·
Registered
5,244 Posts
that sucks man sorry to hear that! any suggestions? I had a set of car wheels painted in the past and I am not a fan. I really don't want to pass up this deal guys even though I wasn't on the market for wheels. But I don't want I buy then and ruin them with coating
A friend of mine actually painted his stock wheels with auto paint/clear. For the prep process he had to sand the cast markings down smooth (which took ~10hrs) They look tits though. I dont know what it would cost for a pro to duplicate a similar job but I would imagine those Caz wheels dont need near the prep work so maybe $200-300 with time & materials?

You could get one of those hvlp paint guns and shoot it yourself.

·
Parts Pimp
26,470 Posts
A friend of mine actually painted his stock wheels with auto paint/clear. For the prep process he had to sand the cast markings down smooth (which took ~10hrs) They look tits though. I dont know what it would cost for a pro to duplicate a similar job but I would imagine those Caz wheels dont need near the prep work so maybe $200-300 with time & materials?

You could get one of those hvlp paint guns and shoot it yourself.

Detail guns are way cheap and that's what you would wanna use. CZrims don't have casting ridges and bumps. Machined is so smooth

:YEA

·
track junkie
2,257 Posts
please explain.. I'm not a painter or enginer but I'm thinking less than an ounce if so that powdercoating would add am I mistaken? they are at a deal but one is gold and one white.. so I can't exactly use them as is factory colors either. sounds like I make have an issue
i'm so glad i don't understand why you can't just use them as they currently are. because racebike...

s3aturnr

·
iRun
33,317 Posts
Make sure they match your levers and forks..

·
Registered
211 Posts
Where are you located? And do you have the number for the guy with the rims? I'll put them mixed matched on my track bike

1 - 15 of 15 Posts