Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As I was getting the bike ready to ride couple friends and I wanted to get a couple parts powder coated. Because my crankcase was scratched I wanted to get that painted and to match the color I had removed the other case covers as well.

In my rush to remove all the covers I had not realized until having to reassemble that there were 3 bolts of different lengths. Just wanted to know if anybody knows which bolts go where for the clutch case cover, stator cover, and the uh yeah I don't even know what the hell that smaller cover is but yes... as I had found out the hard way after I stripped the threads for one bolt. And since this does deal with parts that are not easily or cheaply replaced, don't want to risk anymore mistakes. Tia.

It's an 07 r6.

·
Premium Member
30,458 Posts
2 of the longer ones go on the bottom left that hold the additional "harness thing" on. i think there's also a one-bolt harness thing on the top. those longer ones go there.

good luck.

also, might wanna verify with the fiche online. should be pretty straight forward. all but the 3 long bolts will be the same part number, and the longer 3 will be another one. :)

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Okay, since I have made trials and errors up until the end where I found my self left with 3 short bolts that did not fit, therefore somewhere along the way I used a medium or long length bolt in place of what should be a short. Kind of stumped at the moment if anyone is going to do an oil change it'd be great if you'd check out those bolt lengths for me and let me know. Thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts