Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 117 Posts

·
Track Only!
1,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Cliff notes: Caught a guy who worked at Subway in a lie about owning a Ducati 999

So I was at Subway a few months back and I get ready to pay for me sammich. I'm dressed in my gear and the guy behind the register says, "what do you ride?" I tell him. He says, what size? I tell him 600. He says, "oh, well I got a 750." I'm like cool. But then he messes up. He gets all excited and tells me, "Yea and I got a Ducati too." :rolleyes:

:BS

You?! Working at Subway? Now I'm not one to knock folks working fast food, but you seriously want me to believe you are rocking 2 bikes and one of them is a Ducati?
(he looks more like someone who owns a 3-wheeler at a mobile home - not that there's anything wrong with that)

I ask, what kind? He says, "999". :screwy
(you really expect me to believe you have a $20-30k bike?)

What year? He freezes. "Oh, uhhmmm, uhhmm... the last year they came out with them. I really can't remember the year" :confused:
(who owns a bike and don't know what year it is?)
:BS

I give him that "I know you're lying" look... and he gives me that "I know that YOU know that I'm lying" look. I pay for my food and walk out shaking my head. :lmao :thumbdown

So what lies or crazy stories have you guys heard from other idiots about bikes?

·
Premium Member
17,965 Posts
I once met this guy on CL, he was going to teach me how to stunt, I said OK(for 50 bucks why not).

I met the guy with my crew, they are pretty good stunters. He tried to teach me but wasn't that good, so my crew showed him what was up. he was embarrassed but would not admit that he did not have the skills to teach other people the great ways of stuntin, gained internet fame and posted a video with tin foil all over his teeth. He even was the main character in a popular flash game. He owned a 6007501000 which was pretty cool because it's like 3 bikes in one.

·
Habitual Linestepper
984 Posts
I once met this guy on CL, he was going to teach me how to stunt, I said OK(for 50 bucks why not).

I met the guy with my crew, they are pretty good stunters. He tried to teach me but wasn't that good, so my crew showed him what was up. he was embarrassed but would not admit that he did not have the skills to teach other people the great ways of stuntin, gained internet fame and posted a video with tin foil all over his teeth. He even was the main character in a popular flash game. He owned a 6007501000 which was pretty cool because it's like 3 bikes in one.

This sounds so familiar, did you make a bid of it and put it on YouTube? I remember seeing it.

Op: "your story, tell it how you want" dude works @ subway, let him live in his fantasy land lol

·
Premium Member
6,439 Posts

YUT UGH!! :jacked

·
Track Only!
1,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)

·
Track=Cocaine
13,523 Posts
Yut Ugh!

:lmao:lmao:lmao

I'd have to say my fav lately was a few months back... Went on about a 30 bike ride and a kid on a Hiyabusa shows up... Only rockin a helmet and gloves. Before the ride I'm like you realise we're gonna be tearing shit up right, you prob wanted to wear your gear on this ride... His response was "oh yeah, I'm just waiting on my new gear to come in the mail." I'm thinkin thats cool, but then I ask how long you been riding? He responds, " A few years"... So then I ask why he didnt wear some old gear? he pauses and then says "oh I couldn't find any of it before I left the house." Now I'm really starting to smell some bullshit and looking around a see about a 3rd of our guys in full leather suits... Long story short... About 15 mins into the ride he runs off the road right in front of me and dumps the bike hard! Gets up and his shoulder is out of the socket and his arm is broken in a few places just above his elbow... It was crazy lookin!!! Anyways, I hear a few guys askin the same questions I did... Like where's your gear and how long you been ridin... His response at this point is " I've been riding 5 weeks, this is my first bike, my dads gonna be pissed because he just bought it for me!" I start laughin and walk away, I couldn't help it!

:lmao

·
iRun
33,317 Posts

For the win.

·
Premium Member
6,439 Posts
Yut Ugh!
I'd have to say my fav lately was a few months back... Went on about a 30 bike ride and a kid on a Hiyabusa shows up... Only rockin a helmet and gloves. Before the ride I'm like you realise we're gonna be tearing shit up right, you prob wanted to wear your gear on this ride... His response was "oh yeah, I'm just waiting on my new gear to come in the mail." I'm thinkin thats cool, but then I ask how long you been riding? He responds, " A few years"... So then I ask why he didnt wear some old gear? he pauses and then says "oh I couldn't find any of it before I left the house." Now I'm really starting to smell some bullshit and looking around a see about a 3rd of our guys in full leather suits... Long story short... About 15 mins into the ride he runs off the road right in front of me and dumps the bike hard! Gets up and his shoulder is out of the socket and his arm is broken in a few places just above his elbow... It was crazy lookin!!! Anyways, I hear a few guys askin the same questions I did... Like where's your gear and how long you been ridin... His response at this point is " I've been riding 5 weeks, this is my first bike, my dads gonna be pissed because he just bought it for me!" I start laughin and walk away, I couldn't help it!

:dunce: I don't see why people lie...so dumb.

·
Premium Member
17,965 Posts
This one is not bike related but I did meet a guy through a friend, he called me and said they were going down to queens to get some Colombian food so i was down. They pick me up in the other guys car which I hadn't met yet. It was an old beat up infinity.

During the whole trip this guy would not stop talking about a RX-8 he had, he said it was the fastest car on the road, super low crazy wheels etc etc.. I was rolling my eyes like oh jeez, here we go...

Through the end, we were talking about manual vs/ auto and he mentioned his Rx8 was semi manual, which I was like fine some sort of DSG tranny... Then the guy says, yep I had a transmission put in from a Ferrari... I was like WTF... haha that was some funny stuff.

Nothing wrong with driving an old beater car, but trying to say you had the "fastest" most sickest rx-8 in the world just isn't going to work...

·
Track Only!
1,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
This one is not bike related but I did meet a guy through a friend, he called me and said they were going down to queens to get some Colombian food so i was down. They pick me up in the other guys car which I hadn't met yet. It was an old beat up infinity.

During the whole trip this guy would not stop talking about a RX-8 he had, he said it was the fastest car on the road, super low crazy wheels etc etc.. I was rolling my eyes like oh jeez, here we go...

Through the end, we were talking about manual vs/ auto and he mentioned his Rx8 was semi manual, which I was like fine some sort of DSG tranny... Then the guy says, yep I had a transmission put in from a Ferrari... I was like WTF... haha that was some funny stuff.

Nothing wrong with driving an old beater car, but trying to say you had the "fastest" most sickest rx-8 in the world just isn't going to work...
Yea, that's my whole point. If you are gonna lie, at least make it believable. Like with my story, if dude had said he had a 749 or old 996, I would've let him go with it. But c'mon now. Don't come out of left field with some ridiculous story and expect me to just nod and agree. That insults my intelligence.

·
Le Troll
3,335 Posts
^^^Lol rx-8's are known for handling, not speed.

I too was at subway and the "sandwich crafter" followed me out and asked what I rode. I told him and he goes "600?" I'm like "yeah" my buddy with the bigger mouth replied "no, its just a 1000 with a 6 in the model name"

So the guy goes oh yeah? I ride a Hayabusa.

So he goes on to explain how it is stretched and slammed, chromed out and has a DRAGON BALL Z PAINT JOB.

WOW

·
Premium Member
185 Posts
You know its funny cause obviously there alot of people out there that get bikes to be the cool guy and people that buy them to enjoy the freedom and fun they offer. I started riding in Salt Lake and there is no helmet law there. I'm sure that people have come across the this but its just some people want and have to be the one upper. I always find these people have the best stories. Ha so I've learned to sit back and listen cause if I'm not mistaken I've met every movie stunt rider that has ever lived :BS The stories people come up with kill me.

·
Registered
6,864 Posts
You know its funny cause obviously there alot of people out there that get bikes to be the cool guy and people that buy them to enjoy the freedom and fun they offer. I started riding in Salt Lake and there is no helmet law there. I'm sure that people have come across the this but its just some people want and have to be the one upper. I always find these people have the best stories. Ha so I've learned to sit back and listen cause if I'm not mistaken I've met every movie stunt rider that has ever lived :BS The stories people come up with kill me.
+1...if nothing else they serve as good stories to tell between buddies.

·
iRun
33,317 Posts
I do all Tom Cruise's stunts.

For real, dude.. Look in the credits for Mission Impossible: 3... I'm right there in the "stuntmen" section. I swear.

·
Premium Member
185 Posts
Hahaha for real. Ive heard everything from drifting around corners running from the cops to I'm the fastest person on a bike the stories are endless.

·
Premium Member
11,269 Posts
the midwest nesba director was interviewing a mechanic for his shop who claimed to race motorcycles. in fact, he said that just last year, he set the new blackhawk course record aboard his katana. lets just say he didn't get the job...

sometimes, it helps to know who you're talking to haha

·
Jesus Reigns
4,398 Posts
I couldn't lie about something like that. If I don't own something, I won't pretend too

1 - 20 of 117 Posts