Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I currently live in NC and own a 2008 CBR1000RR, but am considering selling my bike this summer and getting something else. Surprise, a Yamaha is one of them. lol

I almost bought an R6 last fall, but still may get an R6 someday, if I can sell my current bike and find a good deal on a Yamaha. In the meantime, I'll be researching Yamaha reliability and performance.

So I'll be coming and going on here periodically and posting when something catches my eye. Right now, all I have experience in is with Honda motorcycles and frequent www.1000rr.net.

Here are some of my exploits if you care to kill some time.

http://www.youtube.com/user/C1KChannel

Chase

·
iRun
33,317 Posts
:wave

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,856 Posts
welcome. Id wait till the new bike comes out this year..:)bowroll) because the prices should drop for the current one.

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,856 Posts
And those CBRs seemed like a pretty bitchin ride. I only did two track laps on one, but it felt cool...

·
Sherman Connoisseur
26,445 Posts
:wave

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
welcome. Id wait till the new bike comes out this year..:)bowroll) because the prices should drop for the current one.
Hmm. Didn't know a new R6 was due this year, but I guess that's why I was right in joining this place. lol.

It'd be cool for Yamaha to build a crossplane/triple R6, but whatever they build, hopefully the bike won't lose it's racers edge.

As for CBRs, they're amazingly docile on the street, but the CBR1000s like mine, also have extremely nimble handling for a "big" bike.

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,856 Posts
The new R6 is a semi running joke around here. Every time someone posts a thread about finally getting a new R6, god kills a kitten and strangles an orphan. True story.

·
My R6 loves me
321 Posts
Gotta SELL mine first. lol. What year R6 did you get? And what's a good price for that model year?
I went w/ a '14 r6 (gray/black). Really didn't want brand new but all these asshats wanted too much money for the 10-12 years.

Sold the cbr for 6900. 09 w/ 13k, standard boltons

1 - 20 of 32 Posts