Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wanted to know if any of you guys were gonna be racing this CCS weekend at Summit Point.

Maybe I'll bump into some of you there and put a face with the name. It's gonna be my first race weekend and pretty excited about it. I've been trying to go racing for the past 1.5 years but something always comes up.

I'll be on a blue and hi-vis yellow R6 #701

·
Reads the rulez
2,255 Posts
Good luck! Racing takes track riding up a whole nother notch. Nothing like dive bombing into turn 1 at Summit, getting maximum corner speed coming out of 2, and who's got the biggest testicles to go the fastest into the bumpy turn 3. :D

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'll be there! Will be pitted by the bathrooms. Blue R6 number 720.
Good stuff bro, I think I'm gonna be pitted in the back corner where the cafe is.

Good luck! Racing takes track riding up a whole nother notch. Nothing like dive bombing into turn 1 at Summit, getting maximum corner speed coming out of 2, and who's got the biggest testicles to go the fastest into the bumpy turn 3. :D
Thats what everyone keeps telling me. I also didn't want to race unless I felt I could be competitive and run at least top 10.

What classes do you guys usually run

·
Shake and Bake
249 Posts
I'll be there, failing my way through the expert ranks! 202.. I'll be with MetricDevilMoto (the Pirelli dealer)

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'll be there, failing my way through the expert ranks! 202.. I'll be with MetricDevilMoto (the Pirelli dealer)
Sweet I'll definitely see u then cause I need to buy a set of tires. Was currently running SBK Pro's but wires are starting to show as a result of my last track day at NCBike. Correct me if I'm wrong but is Dunlop the only one offering contingency this year?

·
Reads the rulez
2,255 Posts
Good stuff bro, I think I'm gonna be pitted in the back corner where the cafe is.

Thats what everyone keeps telling me. I also didn't want to race unless I felt I could be competitive and run at least top 10.

What classes do you guys usually run
What are your lap times at Summit? All I'm gonna say is "good luck" with your hopes of getting a top 10 at Summit. I hope you're the track day hero with the track day org's you ride with. :D

·
Reads the rulez
2,255 Posts
Good luck! Just remember it isn't your day job, so don't throw the bike away just for another position. At least that's what I tell myself every time I go out. :D

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'll definitely keep that in mind. Im mainly going to have fun but would like to get a good result. Also been getting ready dropped 45 lbs so should help me out on my drives outta the corners. That was my time before i dropped the weight. When out first trackday this year in may and high sided into 1 and separated my shoulder so gonna definitely take your advice.

·
Reads the rulez
2,255 Posts
A 1:20 will put you towards the front of the AM pack and don't listen to John. This is racing, pass as many people as you can, its more fun that way.
It is indeed more fun as the rider. But the other half of the brain, the crew chief, mechanic, and financial planner says don't do anything fvucking stupid. :bowroll

·
My R6 loves me
321 Posts
Wanted to know if any of you guys were gonna be racing this CCS weekend at Summit Point.

Maybe I'll bump into some of you there and put a face with the name. It's gonna be my first race weekend and pretty excited about it. I've been trying to go racing for the past 1.5 years but something always comes up.

I'll be on a blue and hi-vis yellow R6 #701
Good Luck! :cheers

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Had a blast this past weekend for my first race weekend. Way better then track days. Was a great weekend and accomplished my goals of finishing in top 10.

Had 6 races: 11th, 10th, 2 6ths, 7th, and a 3rd also set my personal best

I really need to practice my starts im terrible at them and get chewed up to the back and have to work my way forward.

Wondering around what rpm's should i be around during launch

Planning on hitting the parking lot and drag strip

1 - 18 of 18 Posts