Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Rad Ass
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll be there late Thursday night. Doing Friday practice/learn the track lol!
I'll be there Friday - Sunday as well. I have done 2 track days at CMP before and I really enjoy that track.

Friday I will be running the 180/60 Supercorsa SC for the first time so I will be messing with suspension setup and pressures trying to get used to riding a new tire and size. It is my first time on race tires so I hope I will be pleasantly pleased.

What is your race schedule? Mine is (all Amateur):

Saturday - GTU, MWSBK, Rookies Cup
Sunday - MWSBK, MWGP, HWSBK

·
"The Dude abides .. "
4,719 Posts
not sure if I am going, may drive up to ride Team Challenge but not competing in the SE region (even though leading the overall points there :) ) but for those interested.. do this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6lwB9AxG2M Been a few years since i was there, but the track is the same as in this vid. No 6th gear, but some hard braking. The "kink" on the back section will for sure get your attention and is the most exciting turn on the track. Starts can be a bit tough as everyone is barreling toward a 90deg left hander.

·
Rubber side down
512 Posts
I'll be there Friday - Sunday as well. I have done 2 track days at CMP before and I really enjoy that track.

Friday I will be running the 180/60 Supercorsa SC for the first time so I will be messing with suspension setup and pressures trying to get used to riding a new tire and size. It is my first time on race tires so I hope I will be pleasantly pleased.

What is your race schedule? Mine is (all Amateur):

Saturday - GTU, MWSBK, Rookies Cup
Sunday - MWSBK, MWGP, HWSBK
I'm running the Pirellis also and love them! You will be pleasantly surprised especially if you're coming off of street tires. Warmers required of course ;). It's my first year as expert and I'll be doing all 6 middleweights and the gtu.

·
Yamaha Blue in any color
3,251 Posts
Possibly going. Waiting on some medical word, but we'll arrive Friday afternoon if everything is good.

·
"The Dude abides .. "
4,719 Posts
Possibly going. Waiting on some medical word, but we'll arrive Friday afternoon if everything is good.
hope ya make it dude. I'm doin team challenge and a couple LT wt sprints on this awesome duc :)

·
Yamaha Blue in any color
3,251 Posts
hope ya make it dude. I'm doin team challenge and a couple LT wt sprints on this awesome duc :)

Very cool. Right now it's looking like we are heading down, but I'm not racing. Not sure if we'll be there Saturday and Sunday or just Saturday. Depends on my partner.

·
Rad Ass
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'll be the tall dude with eyes wide open and a huge smile on my face all weekend. It's not only the first race that I have entered, but also the first race I have ever been to. If you see me, say hello! AM #86 ImageUploadedByMotorcycle1397130701.781815.jpg

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
"The Dude abides .. "
4,719 Posts
I'll be the tall dude with eyes wide open and a huge smile on my face all weekend. It's not only the first race that I have entered, but also the first race I have ever been to. If you see me, say hello! AM #86 View attachment 196098

have fun.. breathe.. have fun (repeat)

don't forget to have fun!

·
Meh
9,250 Posts
I'll be the tall dude with eyes wide open and a huge smile on my face all weekend. It's not only the first race that I have entered, but also the first race I have ever been to. If you see me, say hello! AM #86 View attachment 196098

Nice! Racing is so much f'n fun. I just started this year. Just focus on keeping a cool head on the race starts. It's easy to let the adrenaline get the best of you and ride way over your head trying to stick with people at the start and get yourself in trouble.

·
Yamaha Blue in any color
3,251 Posts
Good weekend for my guys. Couple of personal bests, some plaques and no damages.

Melk-man was doing very well also (good to finally meet you).

Few more weeks and I can join in on the fun. Hope to make it down to Jennings, even if I have to run down without my partner.

·
"The Dude abides .. "
4,719 Posts
Good weekend for my guys. Couple of personal bests, some plaques and no damages.

Melk-man was doing very well also (good to finally meet you).

Few more weeks and I can join in on the fun. Hope to make it down to Jennings, even if I have to run down without my partner.
always cool putting faces with the names Dan. Glad ya enjoyed yourself.

·
Registered
384 Posts
It was a shame there was so many red flags on Saturday. Although, it made it much easier to park the 675 with mechanical issues.

It was fun to sit back and enjoy the races. That guy from the UK on the Honda 1000 was moving real good.

·
Reads the rulez
2,245 Posts
Damn dude you blew up your new ride already?!

·
"The Dude abides .. "
4,719 Posts
haven't been to CMP since 2011, it's way more bumpy than i remember.. Still a bunch of fun. Yea, saturday early was a fruggin disaster. People just WAYYYY to eager to win it but would just bin it instead. Everyone seemed to calm down a little after the ass chewing Phil S. gave us in the mid day emergency rider meeting. Cool place to race bikes for sure.

where's the report from SwampDog.. ? i wonder if they were pitted in the garage behind me ? one of the guys had an r6 and the water pump seal was letting go puking coolant out the weep hole. NOTE TO ANY R6 racer .. go on ebay, buy a spare water pump. For $20-30 you can get the entire wp with the housing and everything. It's not a matter of "if" the wp will leak, it's a matter of "when". And it never fails, it's on a race weekend AFTER practice is over. Buy a used fuel pump, stator and reg/rec too while your at it but that will be a tad more money.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Damn dude you blew up your new ride already?!
Not exactly, it doesn't like going from 1 to 2 or 2 to 3. Hoping it gets sorted quickly. Out of about 9 starts at Roebling, I got one decent start. Not very cool or safe.

In the mean time, I have will have my R6 back together within a week or two. Thinking about possibly taking it to the Wera Summit round May 10.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts