Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at my service place today getting my bike inspected. I was talking to service guy about the yamaha tick, and he says OH ya it's the CCT. (I'm real new to bikes, so i'm like ya ok) He said that there is a bolt that allows you to either loosen or tighten the CCT and it will fix the tick. He said you just turn the bolt slow until you hear it 'click'... is these anything like this on our bikes? I have an 05.

I have a tick, and it doesn't sound like the normal tick that everyone hears and gets over... it's pretty loud. i've also noticed that by bike seems really jumpy with the throttle, but I always thought it was me, because I just started riding and am not that great with throttle control yet...

Any input?

·
Now you see me...
1,275 Posts
CCT = certificate of completion of training
closed circuit television
thats all i've heard it used for. the tick is from the valves clapping shut. you could say the lifters are making the noise, but it's the lifters letting pressure off the springs allowing the valves to snap shut.

just wondering, is this one of those jokes where your gonna mention muffler bearings and blinker fluid? :poke

·
Drag Racer
45 Posts
CCT = Cam Chain Tensioner??

Is it something that can be adjusted though or is it hydraulic?

·
Registered
1,307 Posts

·
The Patient
340 Posts
I hear this light ticking as well on my 06. So is this normal? I always thought that something small got in the intake or something and starts rattling or ticking. I guess thats why the ticking gets faster as I accelerate. So how can this be fixed? I'm curious as well.

·
Dragging Knee
1,604 Posts
Yamaha's are known for the ticking.

If it it's not ticking it is not a Yamaha or there is something wrong.

·
Registered
452 Posts
couple guys got R6's here in town just recently, they were like "duuuude wtf is wrong with my bike the ****in thing ticks" haha then i had to convince them its normal... i still dont think they believe me.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The guy I talked to at the service place said Kawis and Yamaha's have the same tick. (he drives a Kawi) At the shop that have seen both come in with the tick. Then he mentioned to try they CCT (cam chain tensioner) thing. I'm not technical enough to even try this yet. Just wondering if anyone knew what I was talking about (the CCT bolt, he said it may be a 8mm hex??) Pics...? Info...

·
My R6 has a boo boo.
416 Posts
Only ticking i get is when i put it up on the stands and roll the front wheel. Im sure the bearings are going out. er pretty sure.

·
Registered
7 Posts
The Cam Chain Tensioner can be replaced with an adjustable one. From the factory this is not adjustable. Basicly what it does is adjust the tension on the chain. The kits can be bought but are not popular for the R6. This is very popular for the 600RR and older F4i's. Do some research online and I am sure you can find what you are looking for. http://www.cyclewareables.com/pages/cam_chain_tensioners/camchain_tensioners.htm
That is just one place there are dozens online. MY thoughts are these are good in the fact that you can adjust them, but I always like to Stay with OE parts. Just a thought.

·
R Sexiness
1,139 Posts
I know for the 08 CCT stands for the Chip Controlled Throttle well technically its the Y-CCT but i know if the bike is off and u twist the throttle some u can hear the computer ticking i think thats normal too?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts