Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right now I've got stock header, t-tuner midpipe, and an akrapovic megaphone slip-on. The bike is stupid loud, not that I'm saying I don't like it, but its loud.

I was thinking of having the header and midpipe coated at swaintech over the winter, but I was wondering if my current exhaust setup is as good as getting an aftermarket header? I like the straight-through design and figure I can tune for "area under the curve" with the PCIII.

Once coated, I was going to wrap them with black header wrap. All in all, I'm hope to reduce some of the heat on my legs, and maybe pick up some scavenging effect in the exhaust.

Any ideas?

Here's my dyno sheet with the current setup and no PCIII...

I made 107.9whp, so I don't know if I'm far off from good numbers with a PCIII and a filter or not.

Thanks in advance :D

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
get a pcIII w/ tune and then see how much power you can make

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
That's a good number for your setup.

That being said, an aftermarket header would give you more peak power.

A PCIII tune will likely not give you much more, if any, peak power, but rather smooth out the curve a bit more, i.e. it will optimize your fuel delivery at each engine speed.

Personally, the r6 has enough power for me in stock form. Tires, track days, and maintenance is where my money goes.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ceo012384 said:
That's a good number for your setup.

That being said, an aftermarket header would give you more peak power.

A PCIII tune will likely not give you much more, if any, peak power, but rather smooth out the curve a bit more, i.e. it will optimize your fuel delivery at each engine speed.

Personally, the r6 has enough power for me in stock form. Tires, track days, and maintenance is where my money goes.
Yeah I agree with it having enough power. That's why I was thinking of maybe just doing a better ceramic paint job on the headers, and then wrapping them. I think the tune will smooth it out, but its not a priority for me.

I'm looking at doing SS brake lines, 520 kit, and a 1 piece suit for this year :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts