Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I'm trying to order a new chain for 2005 r6 and was wondering if I change my sprocket size will my gearing and speed be off , with the new sprocket??

Thanks

·
Stunt Rider
7,982 Posts
Run +10 gearing and you're set brah.

·
Banned
7,347 Posts
Why respond with smartass comments? Go be a bunch of pricks somewhere else. No one thinks you're cool but yourselves. the search function on forums are pretty much useless because it will show 500 unrelated posts and the others are dick headed responses from dicks like you 2

Op, yes the Speedo will be off. How much depends on how far off you go from the stock sizes.

·
Rubber side down
512 Posts
Why respond with smartass comments? Go be a bunch of pricks somewhere else. No one thinks you're cool but yourselves. the search function on forums are pretty much useless because it will show 500 unrelated posts and the others are dick headed responses from dicks like you 2

Op, yes the Speedo will be off. How much depends on how far off you go from the stock sizes.
It's funny how everyone that's an "expert" on here forgets they once knew jack about bikes at one time. For instance if you check mtbr.com forum they are friendly and inviting to newbs and "dumb" questions.

·
Get Some..!
288 Posts
Ok so I'm trying to order a new chain for 2005 r6 and was wondering if I change my sprocket size will my gearing and speed be off , with the new sprocket??

Thanks
http://www.gearingcommander.com/

Have you tried searching? There is a lot, and I mean alot, of threads on this subject.
One way to up your post count.... :rolleyes: For someone who posts so often, I can't remember the last time I read one of your posts that actually contributed to the forum..... Wish I was one of the cool kids! Maybe I need to try harder. :poke

^All of this!

It's funny how everyone that's an "expert" on here forgets they once knew jack about bikes at one time. For instance if you check mtbr.com forum they are friendly and inviting to newbs and "dumb" questions.
^This too.

·
Stunt Rider
7,982 Posts

Thanks
Are you going with a 520 setup?

Ridick - Skeet Skeet Skeet!!!!

·
Get Some..!
288 Posts
Ive seem to misplaced the fcuks I give about your opinion. Carry on Mr Wikipedia
You're sounding more and more like another forum member on here. The difference is, he is well respected, funny and Original... Keep trying though! Your ass licking is entertaining at least.... :moon

·
Stunt Rider
7,982 Posts
Alright guys enough, and yes I'm going with the 520
If you're just doing normal riding I'd go down one in front.

Ridick - Skeet Skeet Skeet!!!!

·
Rubber side down
512 Posts
If you are sticking with some casual street riding I would stick with a 16 front sprocket and maybe just go up a tooth in the back. Better cruising rpm.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts