Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Life is best beyond 10k
6,928 Posts
Anyone use one of these? Or anything similar?

http://www.chaindrain.com/

Nice idea, but a rag or whatnot does the same thing. It also doesn't look like it covers everything. I get a little puddle by my kickstand sometimes. If you're worried about spots on your driveway, seal your garage floor (epoxy) and do it there. Or, I'll put the bike on the stand with the rear wheel on the grass. No clean up!

·
Premium Member
12,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nice idea, but a rag or whatnot does the same thing. It also doesn't look like it covers everything. I get a little puddle by my kickstand sometimes. If you're worried about spots on your driveway, seal your garage floor (epoxy) and do it there. Or, I'll put the bike on the stand with the rear wheel on the grass. No clean up!
No only the driveway, but it also prevents over spray getting on your wheel/brake rotor.

·
Life is best beyond 10k
6,928 Posts
No only the driveway, but it also prevents over spray getting on your wheel/brake rotor.
I'd worry more about the stuff that gets flinged on the wheel during your ride after a lube. I can clean up the wheel all nice, go for a ride and it's back all over the wheel. Besides, how often do you use your rear brake?

·
Premium Member
12,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'd worry more about the stuff that gets flinged on the wheel during your ride after a lube. I can clean up the wheel all nice, go for a ride and it's back all over the wheel. Besides, how often do you use your rear brake?
I know what you mean. It's a constant battle, keeping the rear wheel clean. :fact

I use the rear quite often actually. Not as often as front, but I do use the rear.

·
Banned
7,347 Posts
I like the idea of the chain drain. It's been around for several years and I said I was going to get one...but never did yet.

I usually just stick a piece of cardboard between the chain and rim to keep the lube and kerosene off the wheel. but it makes a mess on the ground from the kerosene..which the chain drain would prevent...

·
Life is best beyond 10k
6,928 Posts
I know what you mean. It's a constant battle, keeping the rear wheel clean. :fact

I use the rear quite often actually. Not as often as front, but I do use the rear.
It sounds like another thing to spend money on that isn't actually needed. But that's my opinion!

what frigging kind of lube are you using that drips off your chian when you bike is sitting?
I've never had that problem.
My lube doesn't drip off the chain when sitting. Where'd you get that idea from? When lubing the chain, I get excess that can drip down the kickstand from the chain going around the front sprocket.

·
Banned
7,347 Posts
It sounds like another thing to spend money on that isn't actually needed. But that's my opinion!

My lube doesn't drip off the chain when sitting. Where'd you get that idea from? When lubing the chain, I get excess that can drip down the kickstand from the chain going around the front sprocket.
I realized that after I re read your post lol
sometimes my fingers think faster than my brain.

·
Life is best beyond 10k
6,928 Posts
I realized that after I re read your post lol
sometimes my fingers think faster than my brain.
No prob! Need some coffee? :toocool:

·
I <3 Slick Mist.
1,378 Posts
Seems convenient.. but it would only slightly speed things up I would guess. We've got epoxy in our garage so it just wipes right up if things get messy

1 - 12 of 12 Posts