Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, changed my front / rear sprockets for 15/48 the brand new DID (Gold X-Ring Chain 525VXGB x 114) that is now too short, anyone had to buy a longer chain due to sprocket size change? if so what link count did you get?

Thanks Steve

·
UR B-hind Da 8 Ball
6,049 Posts
Well, you added 3 teeth in back and removed 1 up front, so you effectively added about 2 links to your chain run. I say about, because the angle of the chain changed slightly so the actual length between the sprockets changed a little bit, but that doesn’t really come into play until you are doing extreme gearing changes, like a stunt set up.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, you added 3 teeth in back and removed 1 up front, so you effectively added about 2 links to your chain run. I say about, because the angle of the chain changed slightly so the actual length between the sprockets changed a little bit, but that doesn’t really come into play until you are doing extreme gearing changes, like a stunt set up.
Makes sense 🙂 So, I'd be safe at adding 3 links would you agree?

Steve

·
UR B-hind Da 8 Ball
6,049 Posts
You can’t buy an odd number of links in a chain. Just add two.

Or get a chain tool and order a longer chain and cut it to length.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Yep, did some reading to understand the whole DID model number meaning, ordered a 118 link chain. thanks for the help.👍

1 - 5 of 5 Posts