Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
petey07848
491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Awhile ago, I switched my sprockets from stock to +2 rear and -1 front. I think many of you have done this as well. So as you know, you are required to make a change in your chain size as well. Stock is a D.I.D. 525 and I changed to a Regina 520.

My question is how does this affect chain maintanence specs, if at all.
Stock, chain slack should be 30-40mm (1.18-1.77in.)
15 link measure should no more than 239.3mm (9.42in.)

I set my chain to about 35mm slack and it seems too loose to me. I can move the chain off the back of the sprocket a little bit (this concerns me.) The 15 link measure was about 227mm.

·
Riding his own ride...
4,639 Posts
moving the chain off the back sprocket has to do with the chain wearing out, not chain slack.

Chain slack should be the same regardless of the brand of chain. The pin distance would depend on the specific chain though.

Also check the sprocket manufacturer and see if they recommend that chain. We didn't pick up Regina as we had a few sprocket manufacturers tell us not to use their sprockets with that brand of chain. Also the tensile strength wasn't on par with did, ek, or rk. It all depends on how far off the rear sprocket you can pull it, but it's not good thing when you can pull it off the back of the sprocket.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts