Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed my 520 chain and sprockets and I'm not sure if I did the riveting right. Going by the pictures, does it look correct? I don't want to chuck a chain.

·
^ Matt
5,011 Posts
hard to tell by the pic but as long as you expanded the rims of the rivet you should be ok..

i still checked mine before every ride..cause im psycho about such things

·
I eat what my R6 cooks!
2,498 Posts
^^thats kinda what i thought. i used the screw type master link though, so i really dont know how the rivet type should look

·
190rwhp......:eek5
10,295 Posts
Looks good to me...and it looks like the o-rings arent squashed as well....ride it

One more thing to check, when the master is in between the span of the two sprockets, is the link not kinked like the others around it?

Edit: Oh and btw, I got the same set up (drive systems....and all black as well)...youll love it:fact

·
Premium Member
8,144 Posts
Looks good to me as well...

i was just like you though, first time riveting a chain so i did it then had a buddy at a shop check it for me n said it was perfect.

Good deal!

·
Riding his own ride...
4,639 Posts
Put the link on the bottom side of the chain between the front/rear sprocket. then pivot the joint between the rivet link and the link on it's right/left to ensure it's not kinked. then make sure you didn't squish the orings. after that grab the side plate of the rivet link with pliars and tug on it. If you can't pull it off then it's not coming off as there is no sideways pressure on it so by pulling on it you're giving it a very good test :)

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Looks good to me...and it looks like the o-rings arent squashed as well....ride it

One more thing to check, when the master is in between the span of the two sprockets, is the link not kinked like the others around it?

Edit: Oh and btw, I got the same set up (drive systems....and all black as well)...youll love it:fact
Yeah I love how it looks, and it's much smoother than my 30k mile chain that was on there. And nope, nothings kinked, it moves just like the other links. The only thing that sucks (and it's my fault) is all the black paint on the master link got scratched off in the process of me using a c-clamp to shroom the rivets. I also made the chain a little long (my tensioner is 1 notch from the end of the swingarm, but it is in spec). So I'm going to take it to a shop and have them knock a link out sometime this week.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts