Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OMG is there a chain out there that will not rust. I live in South Padre Island, TX and the salt water is killing me. Any suggestions? The chain wax and oil doesnt protect from this salt water

·
UnZUnDUnR
1,004 Posts
The valley, holy crap.I grew up in harligen Tx!Have'nt visited in 20 years though.How bad is it now?Oh yeah! Get a gold chain, DID or RK are good brands.The gold is actually a cad plating that helps with oxidation & other enviromental things.Try not to use a new chain on used sprockets though.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I heard the gold chain will still rust though. Well the valley is still a shit hole. Im down here b/c im in the coast guard otherwise I would be back in florida

·
UnZUnDUnR
1,004 Posts
Bummer...to both.Oh well!Still the gold chain should suffer less than the other types shouldnt it?

·
Slammed and Stretched!!!
772 Posts
I actually live in Harlingen, TX. Im not far from you. What year and model are you driving? Ever ride out to Arroyo City. There are some nice curves out there.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I havent rode out to arroyo city but I usually ride every sunday and we meet up at four corners in brownsville.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts