Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I have a new QA kit from AFAM. I have a RK chain (Gold RX) only thing is...its 116 links, not sure but isnt the stock chain 114 links? I also went with the 520 conversion, does this mater for the links? Well, all I need to know is if I need to get rid or 2 links I guess. The chain is long...but seems like 2 links aint gonna make it short enough. lol. Eh.......

113 Posts
yoo, cruzin, i just completed a conversion from stock to the 520 setup, dont take off links until you line it up and guess at the slack, needs to be from 35mm-45, and if you need to know where to measure from, hit me up. if you havent installed the new sprockets yet, let me know and ill tell you what you are infor. its not hard at all, if you do it in the correct order, experience i wish i had prior, or someone that posted a detailed how to, but yah, hit me up, i will def help you out, its a great improvement

have aim??

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh, its not hard. What happend was the Rear AFAM sproket was about a 32nd off. So it was 'out of round'. I took it back, AFAM gave me a new one and tested it. I did my own test, and we came close to the same answer.

So, yeah, thanks bro.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts