Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
My R6 moves me
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Changing my chain and sprockets wanted to know when I change sizes is there a additional part washer spacer etc. That I should be ordering along with the sprockets and chain? Just asking to be on the safe side and make sure everything lines up properly.

·
Registered
211 Posts
U will get everything u need with that... but u may need a tool to put the new chain together.

·
sell me a red powerband
728 Posts
You may get some mixed opinions, on here...

But in MY opinion, you should change the washer on the front sprocket, it's the one that folds over the nut. I bought a new one from the dealership for about $2.
I have also heard that the rear sprocket bolts should be changed, which isn't a bad thing because you can stick some anodized ones on there.
Just make sure you torque everything to the specs, and you can buy a motion pro knock off chain rivet kit off of eBay, which pays for itself. Or you can buy the real thing from riders discount.

·
....Casper....
719 Posts
I would check to make sure the chain comes with a rivet style master link, my DID VX2 chain only came with a clip-style, picked up a rivet-type link from cycle gear

1 - 4 of 4 Posts