Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
wants to drag knee
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im just alittle curious if this can be done, mine lights up red at night ( im assuming this is the stock color) , anyway, can this be changed? if so how hard is it to do?

·
I heart my R6
464 Posts
This can be done...although i have no clue how. I saw someone post pics of there bike a week or 2 ago with it changed to light up blue

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
yup you can do it yourself or send it off i haven't done it (yet)

wish i could remember the site that does it i'll have to look if know one else can help out

·
Custom User Title
4,556 Posts
i got the blue 04 and was actually just about to dive into that project when i saw your post. it should be pretty simple. take off the windscreen, take off the gauge cluster, replace with either a blue bulb or led. depending on which it has. then the reverse to put back together. i changed out my lights in my mazda a year ago and all it was was a different color bulb.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
soldered hope you have steady hands
it really helps doing those little leds if you whittle the tip of your soldering iron down to a small tip

·
Registered
29 Posts
They have to be soldered on to he circuit board. Ive done it and its kind of a pain in the
@$$. You have heat up the original led lights with a soldering iron and remove them
then re attach new ones.. I used tweezers and it helped. Those damn leds are tiny..

·
Blue past you
315 Posts
+1 for Bluegauges.com

I sent my gauges in over the winter. I sent them to him on monday and i had them back on friday. I have no complains. My gauges look great it was worth the money.

·
Shiney up Rubber down
4,925 Posts
My buddy had his done through bluegauges... They do a very nice job.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts