Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI ,

I am planning to change my stock rear set on 07 r6 to Vortex . can I use my stock Shift rod ?
I read in the old posts that brake side of the vortex rear sets change the location and angle of the brake cylinder which causes a kink in the hose is that true ? do i need move the location of the reservoir ? If there is any instruction writeup for this it will be helpful :toocool:

·
Pobrecitos
19,910 Posts
HI ,

I am planning to change my stock rear set on 07 r6 to Vortex . can I use my stock Shift rod ?
I read in the old posts that brake side of the vortex rear sets change the location and angle of the brake cylinder which causes a kink in the hose is that true ? do i need move the location of the reservoir ? If there is any instruction writeup for this it will be helpful :toocool:
The V2 came with a new rod, dunno about the v3.

Also, yes, I was looking into this yesterday; some create a bracket and some just do the tygon tube (which I advise against)....Google is your friend, my friend...

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
Didn't know they came out with the V3 rearsets for the R6... :poke

Can you post a link or part number?

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
I have Vortex Rearsets, they're excellent rearsets. Just wondering where the information is coming from that there is a new V3 design for the R6 since RS616 is listed as V2 on Vortex's website.

confused.jpg

Edit: Vortex Racing is not manufacturing V3 rearsets for the R6. I think you guys are getting a smoke screen.

·
Pobrecitos
19,910 Posts
I have Vortex Rearsets, they're excellent rearsets. Just wondering where the information is coming from that there is a new V3 design for the R6 since RS616 is listed as V2 on Vortex's website.

confused.jpg

Edit: Vortex Racing is not manufacturing V3 rearsets for the R6. I think you guys are getting a smoke screen.
Probably the smoke I had...:laugh

I know they made a revision, but not sure if it's referred to as the "V3".

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.