Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
The road hurts...
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been looking to get gold wheels for my 06 R6s when I change out my fairings, I was looking on ebay and it seems the 09s came with a lot of gold wheels, I was wondering if there is a difference between wheels for different years? Or if it would be as simple as taking of my stock wheels, transferring over brakes, and re-installing the new wheels?

·
R6 Junkie
2,534 Posts
I've been looking to get gold wheels for my 06 R6s when I change out my fairings, I was looking on ebay and it seems the 09s came with a lot of gold wheels, I was wondering if there is a difference between wheels for different years? Or if it would be as simple as taking of my stock wheels, transferring over brakes, and re-installing the new wheels?
yep its that simple! 2003 -2010 are the exact same wheels.

·
The road hurts...
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you very much sir!

·
190rwhp......:eek5
10,295 Posts
If you get wheels from an R6R model (non S) be sure to swap out the rotors...the S model had different thickness on the rotors...

Regardless of where you get the wheels from, Id swap the sprocket and rotors out anyways...that way you wouldnt have to bed the pads in on some different rotors...

·
The road hurts...
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If you get wheels from an R6R model (non S) be sure to swap out the rotors...the S model had different thickness on the rotors...

Regardless of where you get the wheels from, Id swap the sprocket and rotors out anyways...that way you wouldnt have to bed the pads in on some different rotors...
Thank you :) the rims I was looking at were all bare anyways, so I had already planned on switching everything over.. Plus, I have an aftermarket rear sprocket, i'm not losing that :yes

Candy, you should trade me rims :p

1 - 6 of 6 Posts