Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

Chat

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  DARKGHOST 
#1 ·
Hi I just bought my Frist big bike been riding 125s for 8 years and naw I just gone out and bought a 2002 yzf r6 thunder cat. I was wondering if someone had/has this bike and can tell me more about it. Common faluts. When to change oil, piston rings. etc. and if there anything else I need to new as I'm totally new it had a brand-new mot as I bought it. Sounds spot on it's got 43k on the clock been dropped once on someone drive but all working and in good nick for its age I've worked on all my 125 and understand most of it. My wight is 6stone and I'm 5.7 I can stand on it with my half flat and half tiptoe. Also I will be using as everyday use minimum of 20miles a day for work and ride out on my days off with the boys so can go upto 100+ miles on it then. Was woundering when I need to rest the bike and how long to leave to warm up. And basically any advice u got for me as I'm 24 and it's my Frist ever bike over 125cc I've had a aprilla rs 125 2stroke 2002 and full powered it so I'm use to low power bikes that can push anywhere between 10- 30 hbp. Also I will be asking more later on about parts after I get used to it. Thank you and yes I joined this forum today so hello everyone ☺☺☺
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive tire

Thanks all ❤😊

See less See more
#2 ·
Hello and welcome. That is a really nice looking bike, but it’s actually a YZR600R , not an r6. There are a few of us that are familiar with them , but you might find more useful information from a 600R forum. I’m not trying to chase you away. We’re glad to have you here, and I hope you stick around. It’s just that some of the questions you may have may not be found here. Unless one of us old farts that used to ride motorcycles when tires were bias ply...... might actually remember it.

#3 ·
Nope that's very good info thanks I will stick around and haha I understand thanks for the advice as it was really good information and thanks thought it be a great starter bike for myself as I'm more comfortable on sport bikes rather than cruiser and upright bike aka commter or naked . I understand it's a old bike but I really like it and hoping to have it for 2 years before I adventure into ethier a r6 or a r1 to get used to the handling and speed thanks allot very friendly advice 😊😊 love the old farts u learn a lot from them as they are more experience and the kinda advice I want aswell as it's a oldish bike. Thanks again

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.