Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
If your looking for cheap plastics i would say go with cheetah bodywork or go with hotbodies.Now hotbodies is stronger than cheetah in alot of ways i would just research these two.Are you going to race or do trackdays.:)

·
Until the day comes
580 Posts
Remember you get what you pay for

+1 on armor bodies and they are running a special now
Sharkskinz also is running specials and seem to be decent

Just remember that the super stock or super sport i forget which doesn't allow use your stock seat

·
I AM CORNHOLIO!
418 Posts
reasonably priced, and decent quality. ive had the expensive stuff before, and believe me, once you crash in it, none of it is as good as new. i dont care who repairs it. biggest diff between say, sharkskins and cheetah, hotbodies etc, is the "out of the box fit." sharkskins will be more precise and require less "adjustment" at the start. but once you get the other brands fitted they will serve you just fine. i had a cheetah set on my 600rr and it lasted 4 years, a crash and repair, and numerous paint jobs.
click...http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/YAMAHA-YZF-R1-2004-2006-RACE-BODYWORK-FULL-SET_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1742Q2em153Q2el1262QQcategoryZ35580QQihZ012QQitemZ220309513587QQtcZphoto

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
You get what you pay for.

Hotbodies is trash (so is everything that company makes) and so are the other cheapos.

Armour bodies is the best bang for your buck, it's almost as good as sharkskinz but a decent amount cheaper.

Sharkskinz is the best.

·
New Yorker
2,736 Posts
go with OPTIMAL racing, they used to be E-racings. had sharkskinz before, fell on twice, one highside and lowside, held up fine. good brand, but too pricey. i ended up getting optimal racing for the price, some of WERA racers uses it and its good for the price. dont go cheetah, they are crap.

brad from superbikesuply can get it to you $350 shipped, he can also get armour bodies for 650 shipped. call 8282522280

·
B4B
12,776 Posts
go with OPTIMAL racing, they used to be E-racings. had sharkskinz before, fell on twice, one highside and lowside, held up fine. good brand, but too pricey. i ended up getting optimal racing for the price, some of WERA racers uses it and its good for the price. dont go cheetah, they are crap.

brad from superbikesuply can get it to you $350 shipped, he can also get armour bodies for 650 shipped. call 8282522280
thanks for the info!

·
iCrash
1,912 Posts
im a big fan of Catalyst Composites, Attack, and Sharkskinz.
Zumz makes a great fairing for the price, thats what i currently have.

nobody is directly saying it, but im pretty sure Optimal racing is the new E racing fairings.
and u definitely get what u pay for w/ fiberglass fairings.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts