Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, so I have a 2018 R6 and recently I revved it past 13k a couple times to hear the new exhaust i installed when the engine light came on and the tcs light came on. I was able to replicate this multiple times every time i would turn the bike off and the lights would go away. I recently installed block off plates, a full system akra exhaust, new spark plugs and had the ecu flashed. If anyone has any insight as to why this is happening it would be great help.

On a side note I have -1 tooth in the front and 45 in the back and my top speed seems to be stuck at 145 mph I weigh about 240 and I'm 6 foot is this normal? I was able to top it off at 155 mph in the past before all the modifications. Is my fatass lowering my top speed that much? And lets say I lose 40 pounds will i have a dramatic increase in performance?

·
Registered
3,768 Posts

·
YZFR6... ooodles of HP
1,520 Posts
40 lbs weight reduction absolutely will make an engine faster. My 17 with a -2 rear turns in a 155mph (indicated) at 15k. As to tcs, it only comes on abs, wheel sensor related issues. Does the tcs light go off after you ride about 2mph on startup?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts