Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im buyin a r6 aight, used 02, 4.2k on it

the guy wanted 6.2k, i said hell no, he went with 5.8k which is still a great deal in his favor, now i went thru my bank cause im brok and cant afford to pay cash on another. so i get all the paper work done and get the check, im supposed to go down and pick it up at 9:30. now he says his wife wont let him sell it because he is sellin it too cheap. i think thats bullshit, the bank said they wont let me get more then 5.9k for that bike because of bb. now 5.8k rests on bb exactly, i think he is getting a great deal, dont you?

my questions

Is he getting a deal?
Is his wife being a lil wierd about the price? why?
Did i waste my time and money tryin to get this bike?

p.s.
his wife got him the bike as a present, he wants to sell it now cause he never rides it and doesnt want to keep it anymore. but the bike is in her name. she is threatening him by sayin she wont let him sell it cause she thought she was getting 6.2k. now the add in cycle trader said "6,200 obo"

i dont understand women at all. there is a possiblity i can still get it,
she signed the purchase order, does she still have to follow thru?

·
Yamaland
2,309 Posts
Sounds to me like the "wife wont let me" story is BS. If it was a gift to him, then he shouldnt care much either way. Just tell him flat out that all you can get from the bank is $5800. Tell him you have it in hand, and your ready to make the deal. Otherwise, he can go through the hassle of selling it to someone else.

Good luck man. Although, you can probably find a better deal, but this one might be more convenient for you. If it was me, then I'd say, save up for another year, and buy a new one.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i agree with you, he wont get a better deal then 5.8k, but i wont want another bike unless i get it this year, cause im leaving for the military shiz. and then why bother heh, as long as i have the bike now, i will at least ride it when i come back, i leave august

·
Registered
373 Posts
Was the price agreement verbal or written? If it was verbal with no impartial witnesses, you're screwed. I had a similar incident happen to me out in Utah on a truck sale. A kid was wanting $7K for a used Toyota pickup. I test drove it and then said, "If I can give you $500 now, will you take $6500 for the truck?" His dad was with him at the bank and the kid had signed the title, but the bank that had the lien hadn't signed it yet. His dad stepped up and said, "wait, I thought he was getting $6500 for it??" I explained our deal and daddy said no-go on the sale so the bank wouldn't sign the title over to me. The kid then said that he understood our deal to the effect that I was going to give him $500 now and then $6500 later. However, I meant I was going to give him $500 now and $6000 later for a total of $6500. Miscommunication and nothing in writing. I even offered to accept the miscommunication and split the difference but daddy still said no-go. Shit happens. I ended up getting a better truck for a better deal about two weeks later.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well he said no go, so what do i do i have a check for 5.8k now that the bank gave me, he signed the purchase order, so i dont know what to do now, will i have to pay interest to the bank or what? am i screwed here or will the bank let me off, or what?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i want an r6 so bad too, i dont want another gixxer, damnt, well im lookin at this 03 now, checkin out cycle trader, i dont mind payin retail as long as im getting it for bb.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Travis, don't worry, you can find a better deal than that. I dunno your location, btu around here, that would be a sellers deal..., I'd think you could find an 02 around $5500, maybe less, depending on mods.

I found that when buying from another outside of a store..., make your check = cash. If they want $6000, let's say, and you show them $5300 cash to their face and say you'll take it on the spot..., a lot of folks will start drooling over seeing that much cash and take your offer.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
im thinkin about going to a dealer and just buyin an 04 while i still can, is it true about the dealers charging like 19% interest rates, or can i get my the 5% the bank gives me?

can i get it as a 6 year loan also? i kinda like to save money and then thro huges chunks in once in awhile

·
Registered
49 Posts
Suhas said:
u can def. get a better bike for that price :stupic
Yup...you can definetly fine good 03s for that price...I'd hold off if I were you. Good luck either way.

·
Registered
4,907 Posts
He will never get $6200 for that bike, not even if he includes service of his wife for a few days (well depends on how good she is and looks). I would get at least an 03, you don't want to mess with carburetors. If I had the extra money to get the R1, I would sell you my 03 for $6500 only 2200 miles.

·
Hit It and Quit It
1,716 Posts
TravTrav said:
Im buyin a r6 aight, used 02, 4.2k on it

the guy wanted 6.2k, i said hell no, he went with 5.8k which is still a great deal in his favor, now i went thru my bank cause im brok and cant afford to pay cash on another. so i get all the paper work done and get the check, im supposed to go down and pick it up at 9:30. now he says his wife wont let him sell it because he is sellin it too cheap. i think thats bullshit, the bank said they wont let me get more then 5.9k for that bike because of bb. now 5.8k rests on bb exactly, i think he is getting a great deal, dont you?

my questions

Is he getting a deal?
Is his wife being a lil wierd about the price? why?
Did i waste my time and money tryin to get this bike?

p.s.
his wife got him the bike as a present, he wants to sell it now cause he never rides it and doesnt want to keep it anymore. but the bike is in her name. she is threatening him by sayin she wont let him sell it cause she thought she was getting 6.2k. now the add in cycle trader said "6,200 obo"

i dont understand women at all. there is a possiblity i can still get it,
she signed the purchase order, does she still have to follow thru?

Tell this cat, the Men's Association called and they want their NUT"S back.
It sounds like his wife needs a case of Shut The **** Up.
Grow some balls and be the Man of the house, or you shall forever be owned.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
any dealerships still sellin 04's u think? i will just buy a brand new 04 and settle with it, what u think i should ask for price wise? cause if im leaving for the military i will just pay it off like nothing and get back to riding when i get back. holla at me.

·
Registered
587 Posts
yeah I would go probably about $5000

1 - 20 of 46 Posts