Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, :jump

For those of you who are not familiar with VFX Accessories Inc. (www.vfxkits.com 1.877.VFX.KITS), my staff and I invite you to visit our site. We have recently updated our site with detailed product descriptions & DEMOS. We’ve also launched several new products for the R6 including the ULTIMATE integrator/eliminator combo!!! Check out the banner on the left column...

In addition, US client can take advantage of the way cheaper Canadian Dollar ($1.00 US = $1.38 CDN)!!! The exchange rate provides great value for US clients and there are ZERO sales taxes for shipments to the US.

For more info, visit www.vfxkits.com/purchase.html

It's not over, VFX is also offering a 5% discount promo* for members of the R6-Forum.com!!!

For more product/sales information we encourage you to call us toll free or email us >> [email protected]

Cheers,

Damian Jocic
President
VFX Accessories Inc.

* Discount applies to VFX Part No's; R6-Forum User ID required; our sales staff will send out an email to that user ID to confirm identity; Discount applies to shipments to US & Canada only; offer expires September 30, 2003

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
Just ordered mine. Fx rate is 1.37 to 1 plus $20 CDN for shipping. I strongly suggest if you want one, to get it now before the 5% disappears. It's not much on a piece of this price but 5% is 5%. I'll post pics when I get it installed.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Friend of mine sent his tail section to VFX last winter I think, or winter before. Awesome job! I'm gonna be sending them my tail over the winter.

Alden

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
It takes that long for you to get it? Are you having it just mailed regularly? UR in Novia Scotia and they're in Quebec, correct? Maybe because everything shipped this way has to go thru customs so they use fedex or canadapost. Just thought it would be there quicker.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Yeah. It will likely show up Tues/Wed. 3/4 business days is about normal for shipping within Canada. Of course, that can blossom into a week pretty easily.
Canada Post is like a box of chocolates... ya never know what your gonna get. :poke

·
Registered
308 Posts
Ok, I know this sounds dumb, but why would you want your license plate to pivot? Is it so the cops wont see your plate when your speeding or something? Or how many position would you want your plate to be in? And are the led's mounted in back of the license plate? How are you suppose to see the lights if it's blocked by the plate?

...ain't trying to hate, just clarify the engineering behind the design...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Styles,

The PIVOT KITS allow for adjustment of your plate at various angles depending on the rider. Some like it back, some like it forward. Some like it in between.

As for the ON-THE-FLY PIVOT capability, it comes in handy when you're trying to avoid photo radars, toll highways, etc...but i didn't tell you that.
ON-THE-FLY meaning that you can actually reach back while riding to adjust it.

As for the LEDs, I have to disagree with you. In fact, the designer for these kits has optimized the LED positions. The LEDs are in fact in front of the plate. They shine onto the flange of the R6 emblem and deflect light onto the plate. The positioning of the LEDs along with the optics of the LEDs cause a lateral dispersion of light which illuminates the plate along with the R6 emblem.

Damian

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
The important thing to me is having the license plate illuminated. It is state law in CT that your license plate can be seen from 50ft away at night and I get that with this kit. Plus I get a trick illuminated R6 sign on the ass of my bike which will be good for everyone else on the road so that they know they just got passed by an R6! And it'll be nice for those days at Marcus Dairy when you just want to show your bike off and want the cleaner look of having no license plate showing (short of removing it) as it'll tuck up underneath and behing the R6 emblem.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
JL,

VFX offers a HOTSWAP program where we can send you a PLUG 'n PLAY unit for immediate install and then you send us back your OEM taillight in exchange. ZERO DOWN TIME!!!

To check out the details for the HOTSWAP PROGRAM click the link

www.vfxkits.com/hotswap_program.html

Damian

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
Not to knock the HotSwap program but it seems easy enough to do yourself. I'd say about 30 minutes or less to do it yourself. Took me about that long to make my own interim fender kit with stock turn signals ($1.78 @ home depot, not necessarily the greatest creation but it removes the diaper off the back of the bike). Hence the reason I ordered this piece. It's clean and it illuminates my plate (I eliminated the license plate bulb since there was no clean way to do it without cutting into the plastics). I've also ordered an integrated tail light assembly since the pivot kit doesn't provide a place to mount them.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Guys

The HOTSWAP Program refers to the Dr. X Kit line of products. Dr. X Kits are LED Taillight kits. Please see www.vfxkits.com for more info.

The PIVOT kit is the fender eliminator kit. As an accessory to the PIVOT kit, VFX will be offering SIDE mount paddles which will enable mounting of aftermarket turn signals.

Damian

·
Registered
494 Posts
Here's pics I just took. I installed the kit Tuesday evening. Didn't take long and it was a breeze.

I was gonna get the Pivot Kit but I drilled new holes in my plate and used the existing holes under the tail to mount my plate. :mrgreen:
It's a little bent from getting it to conform with the curves of the tail. LOL

Alden

·
Registered
3 Posts
Online ordering

I'm excited to be coming home from Afganistan (fighting war for country and whatnot) but, find myself a little saddened by lack of online ordering. with the pnp kit that i plan on buying, i'd have to know approximately when i'd be home to time it right and have my stock tail back to ya before the 3 (+1) weeks are up. i'm still ordering as soon as i hit stateside, but just thought i'd vent this little pebble debris i ran across

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
kimsoclark,

you're fighting a war, risking your life for us...and the one thing you're thinking about is the Dr X Kit for your R6!

The staff and I are honored by your comments. In fact, we will waive the HOTSWAP deadline. We can live with 3 weeks (+ whatever), just as long as you have the kit waiting for you the kit WHEN YOU GET BACK!!!

Good Luck,

Damian
President

1 - 20 of 31 Posts