Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I am going to be doing a lil bit of racing this season and the only bit of safety gear I am lacking is a back protector. I'm pretty sure that WERA is going to make chest protectors a requirement in 2012 (beside it being a good idea), so I'd like to get a combo back/chest protector. Anyone run both on here, and if so what brand model is it? I want something super thin and unrestricting...

·
track junkie
2,257 Posts

·
track junkie
2,257 Posts
I'd rather talk to the real world riders. ;)
yeah, but all those guys either ride or race and most of them have crashed in most of the gear they sell. i would trust their opinion...

s3aturnr

·
Premium Member
17,965 Posts
This is what I've used the last couple of years. Expensive but well worth it, I've had a cuple of get offs and I think this made a big difference
http://stores.sportbiketrackgear.com/Detail.bok?no=1032
How well does it fit under a suit? My suit feel's pretty snug as it is, I have the icon field armor that I got as a gift, the back protection looks solid but nothing much for chest.

I've read good things about this company before.

·
track junkie
2,257 Posts
How well does it fit under a suit? My suit feel's pretty snug as it is, I have the icon field armor that I got as a gift, the back protection looks solid but nothing much for chest.

I've read good things about this company before.
well, it made a snug suit into a tight suit, but it still fits. i did lose a couple lbs in the off-season, tho, so i'm not sure how much that affected fitment.

knox makes a good product. i crashed in their handroid gloves and i firmly believe that's why i'm able to type right now. they seriously saved my hands.

s3aturnr

1 - 10 of 10 Posts