Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

21 - 40 of 1678 Posts

·
Parts Pimp
26,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
SEXY...now I KNOW for a fact you'll be making that 40 mile drive Thursday night just to show it off haha. See you there!
:lmao

It is pretty hot! I'll be there unless there's some kind of act of god keeping me off the highways!

how much did you get it for if you don't mind me asking?

and yeah damn..nice ass bike
Thanks bro!

I got it for 7k. Sure beats spending 10k for a brand new one, then 3k for all the goodies that this one came with!

·
AFM #327
15,209 Posts
I got it for 7k. Sure beats spending 10k for a brand new one, then 3k for all the goodies that this one came with!

Def getting used is the way to go and paying cash is the better route. That was a good deal glad someone who knows about R6's got it. How much ur insurance changed going from 02 to 08? Get it insured for minimum of $8500

·
Parts Pimp
26,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Def getting used is the way to go and paying cash is the better route. That was a good deal glad someone who knows about R6's got it. How much ur insurance changed going from 02 to 08? Get it insured for minimum of $8500
I think it is like $80 more per year or something. I think my 02 costs me like 175 a year, and this one will be $250 a year, or $21 a month. I'm not sure what it's insured for, I just called and added it with full coverage on the way home with it in the bed of the truck still. I'll check up on that tho.

It was definitely a nice deal! I'm glad I got it from a forum member too. It's cool cause he had the headlights done by someone on here, and the pegs done by tripage, and all the other stuff is from Motomummy too. Pretty awesome. And it's cool cause everything you read on here has been taken to consideration on this bike. It has pretty much the best of everything out for it!

·
Registered
333 Posts
damn, thats a sick bike. congrats man

·
Parts Pimp
26,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #27

·
Parts Pimp
26,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Nice! You got the best color too!;)
:lmao

Hell yeah!!! The liquid silver is such a nice color on this bike. It's not so flashy. My Dad even liked it a lot.

·
Parts Pimp
26,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Dood! This is a surprise! Hey...guess what...new bike equals NEW SIG! :toocool:

That's a helluva sweet lookin' ride, man! Had a chance to ride her yet?!
HAHAAHA yeah man!!! I kept it pretty quiet so I didn't let myself down in case it didn't work out. I also didn't wanna stir up too much attention in case someone else beat me to it. Plus, this was like 60 days in the making. My refinance kept getting delayed and delayed and delayed.. And I'll totally be requesting a new signature in the future. That's the only thing about this new bike.. My old signature is so B-A, I dunno if a new one can compare!!!!

I test rode it for like a mile and a half up in MA at Be4tnut's place, and had a tough time keeping the front end planted. Then when I got back home, I took it for a ride down the road that goes along the lake. It was epic. No license plate at night, and serious twisties FTW!

I broke the ass-end loose 3 times in the turns cause the tires weren't scrubbed in. I'm talkin HUGE chix strips.. I was squidding it up in my hoodie cause everyone was nagging me to take it for a ride.. I lost my Newports and my cell phone during a 3rd gear WOT straight away.. My phone has awesome road rash on it now!

But yeah, it feels really awesome. It flicks really really fast, and it gets a lot more head shake than I'm used to.. But it's damn fast and sexy! I'm getting the suspension setup Saturday. Gonna register it tonight and get out for a couple hours to put some real miles on!

SUPER PSYCHED!! :toocool::toocool:

·
Moderator Narcissist
18,904 Posts
HAHAAHA yeah man!!! I kept it pretty quiet so I didn't let myself down in case it didn't work out. I also didn't wanna stir up too much attention in case someone else beat me to it. Plus, this was like 60 days in the making. My refinance kept getting delayed and delayed and delayed.. And I'll totally be requesting a new signature in the future. That's the only thing about this new bike.. My old signature is so B-A, I dunno if a new one can compare!!!!

I test rode it for like a mile and a half up in MA at Be4tnut's place, and had a tough time keeping the front end planted. Then when I got back home, I took it for a ride down the road that goes along the lake. It was epic. No license plate at night, and serious twisties FTW!

I broke the ass-end loose 3 times in the turns cause the tires weren't scrubbed in. I'm talkin HUGE chix strips.. I was squidding it up in my hoodie cause everyone was nagging me to take it for a ride.. I lost my Newports and my cell phone during a 3rd gear WOT straight away.. My phone has awesome road rash on it now!

But yeah, it feels really awesome. It flicks really really fast, and it gets a lot more head shake than I'm used to.. But it's damn fast and sexy! I'm getting the suspension setup Saturday. Gonna register it tonight and get out for a couple hours to put some real miles on!

SUPER PSYCHED!! :toocool::toocool:
Schweet! At least you got your phone back! I've lost one from takin' a suicide dive outta my pocket while going down the interstate...didn't even know it was gone until I got home!

Get'cha a steering damper to fix that headshake...my '05 didn't have one when I got it, but once I put it on there...no way in hell I was ever parting with it! It was prolly my favorite part of the bike!

As for breaking it loose...careful out there, man! Don't wanna bust up your new baby! ;)

:popcorn: for riding pics!

(Oh, and you're more than welcome to keep your current sig...I was just throwin' the offer out in case you wanted! :cheers)

·
AFM #327
15,209 Posts
Get'cha a steering damper to fix that headshake...

Get the hyperpro in silver to match the bike :hehe

Same thing happened when I was test riding my 08 when I bought it, and I moved up from a 07, still the 08 felt more torqueier (if thats even a word) and almost broke loose my rear (cold tires tho')

Take it easy till you get used to it. If you think its a beast now, that -1/+2 kit will change it all the more :toocool:

I have a great map for the Bazzaz for the 08 w/full Leo Vince that I tuned from my Z-AFM after each trackday. If you want I can e-mail it to ya :cheers

·
Premium Member
20,435 Posts
Nice bike! thing has been taken care of for sure!

·
Parts Pimp
26,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Schweet! At least you got your phone back! I've lost one from takin' a suicide dive outta my pocket while going down the interstate...didn't even know it was gone until I got home!

Get'cha a steering damper to fix that headshake...my '05 didn't have one when I got it, but once I put it on there...no way in hell I was ever parting with it! It was prolly my favorite part of the bike!

As for breaking it loose...careful out there, man! Don't wanna bust up your new baby! ;)

:popcorn: for riding pics!

(Oh, and you're more than welcome to keep your current sig...I was just throwin' the offer out in case you wanted! :cheers)
I had to have my buddy drive me up and down the 3 mile stretch I rode twice in his truck. I can't believe I found the phone either. It literally fell out of my pocket at no less than 75 mph. I had a scren protector on it so it's not scratched on the screen. I'll upload a pic later when I get outa this dmv.

The damper will be coming soon. I think the throttle response causes a lot of it. Hopefuly with the suspension setup it wil go away some.

The backend wagged out on me pretty easily. I wasn't flying, but when I got back it was obvious that I was on the unused portion of tire. It's shitty out but I'll be real careful tonight.

Get the hyperpro in silver to match the bike :hehe

Same thing happened when I was test riding my 08 when I bought it, and I moved up from a 07, still the 08 felt more torqueier (if thats even a word) and almost broke loose my rear (cold tires tho')

Take it easy till you get used to it. If you think its a beast now, that -1/+2 kit will change it all the more :toocool:

I have a great map for the Bazzaz for the 08 w/full Leo Vince that I tuned from my Z-AFM after each trackday. If you want I can e-mail it to ya :cheers
I really want a scott's damper. They seem to be awesome cause it has the hih speed damping adjuster and swept angle adjuster too. Hopefully it won't get in my way at low speeds, etc..

I'm totally pm'in you for that map. Thanks so much!!

·
AFM #327
15,209 Posts
I really want a scott's damper. They seem to be awesome cause it has the hih speed damping adjuster and swept angle adjuster too. Hopefully it won't get in my way at low speeds, etc..

I'm totally pm'in you for that map. Thanks so much!!

The Scotts will totally match your forks :hehe

Even set to pretty firm I never had troubles at low speeds, barely noticed it was there.

21 - 40 of 1678 Posts