Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so I was riding my 07 home tonight, cutting through stop and go traffic and I see a car stuck half way to merging inbetween the two lanes Im splitting.

Naturally, I find a spot to cut in front of a car that left ample space so I can continue my trek through traffic, start to move through and think I can see something that looks like its falling from my left leg. I hear what sounds like a piece of plastic hitting the ground and figure it must be my phone, but I know that my phone couldnt have wedged its way out of my pocket while Im riding so I think its just some shit that Im running over. I just about gassed away when I look down and see a piece of plastic that I vaguely thought might have come from my bike. Baffled, I picked the piece up to find out that it was the left side dimpled piece of plastic that covers a bit of the gas tank. I sat there for a second having a wtf moment (dog cussing yamaha designers in my head) when I notice that the light up ahead has turned green and these crazy arab ****ers are whizzing by in their landcruisers just a foot or so from either side of my broken heart.

Luckily, (not that I felt lucky holding a piece of plastic that aborted itself from my bike at 2 kph) I was a couple blocks away from home so I just rode with the piece pinched between my fingers as I worked the throttle.

When I got back to my parking lot I found out that the top rear fastener looks like it has broken off from my anaconda legs.... When I investigated the area I found out that the one of my seat bolts was gone as well.

Anyway, have any of you guys had this pos fail also? and do you guys know what size the bolt is for the seat so I can at least make sure that it too doesnt ****ing fall off while im riding?

Thanks,

Casey

·
190rwhp......:eek5
10,295 Posts
Yeah, theres been more than a few peeps here where that piece has broken off...

Your seat bolt is a 6mm...

And let me guess...youre in Canada? Ask me how I guessed...:lmao

Oh, and welcome to the forum

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info... It feels good that im not the only one whose had this happen, but at the same time Im a bit disappointed in the design team.

I appreciate the warm welcome as well, I got my first yamaha about 2 months ago and Im liking it quite a bit. At about 9k it feels like im letting a monster loose.

Lol, unfortunately Im in Qatar not Canada, though I would kill to live and work in Vancouver from what Ive experienced. Getting the opportunity to ride a yamaha on losail is definitely going to be something to remember though.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts