Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just did the quickest and easiest DIY mod I have ever heard of or dreamed up. I had an issue with wearing the toes out of boots at the track, and as everyone knows boots are expensive, especially at a pair per weekend. So, in the interest of not spending the money of aftermarket rearsets unless I have to, I said to hell with it and grinded a good inch off each peg. Anyone ever done this before?? I just took it out to a couple twisties I like and dragged a knee for a bit and my feet didn't touch once, it seems like all is well but my first weekend at the track this year will definately tell the tail. Maybe I'll have to buy new rearsets or maybe I've just done the cheapest mod in history lol.

·
Custom User Title
1,827 Posts
sounds more like a body position thing than your pegs...
but to each his own.

*edit* in fact i can see your foot in the picture in your sig. try putting it up against the frame where the peg connects to, not at the VERY outter edge with your foot cocked all screwey....

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
sounds more like a body position thing than your pegs...
but to each his own.

*edit* in fact i can see your foot in the picture in your sig. try putting it up against the frame where the peg connects to, not at the VERY outter edge with your foot cocked all screwey....
Man, I've tried everything there was to try. I tried not even putting my toes on the tip of the peg and then the peg would grind the ground first, even with my body off the bike as far as I could get and my knee stretched out as far as I could reach. It came down to there not physically being enough clearence between the end of the peg and the ground.

·
My R6 shoots tequila
1,487 Posts
Man, I've tried everything there was to try. I tried not even putting my toes on the tip of the peg and then the peg would grind the ground first, even with my body off the bike as far as I could get and my knee stretched out as far as I could reach. It came down to there not physically being enough clearence between the end of the peg and the ground.
+1 I dont have any track experience yet, but on the canyon roads my peg scrapes pretty frequently. I havent actually dragged knee yet, but my knee bumps the ground sometimes and the peg always scrapes first.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts