Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
504 Posts
chrome wheels = all show no go

actually the heavy bastards take away some go. Just so you know. And knowing is half the battle.

·
flyin' hawaiian
2,815 Posts
doesnt the chrome peel off after a while? especially the front wheel from the heat from working your brakes? i would rather get it polished or leave it stock. i would rather ride my bike than spend hours cleaning and polishing the rims.

·
Registered
10 Posts
it is just like the chrome on your car..if you dont care of it,i am sure it would peel,had them on my other bike for 4 years now and still good as new,another think,if you use soap and water to wash your bike,just wash the wheels the same way..Pau Hana..not too hard

·
Registered
8 Posts
fireblade31003 said:
Why not try a set of RC Componet wheels. You can get them in chrome or polish. They cost a little more but they are worth it. Did I mention that they a lighter?

Blade

Here's a link to what they look like on my 929.

http://profiles.yahoo.com/fireblade31003
As far as RC Component wheels go, the forged wheels are actually heavier than stock wheels even with chrome (chrome adds less than an ounce). Their spun wheels are lighter than stock but only by a few ounces, and they bend far easier than the stock wheels. If you have your heart set on RC Comp you should know a set will run you nearly $1700.00 to start in polished not chrome.

·
Registered
57 Posts
chrome done properly must add more than an ounce per rim; usually pieces are triple plated aren't they?( nickel, chrome, chrome )

·
Registered
8 Posts
Our wheels actually undergo a six step plating process. The copper/nickle process adds a paper thin layer over the wheel(actually a few paper thin layers) and the chrome adds layers above that. The whole material added to each wheel contributes roughly 4 ounces to the wheels. The chrome itself is less than an ounce. Chromed OE wheels are still quite a bit lighter than MOST aftermarket wheels.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
chrome wheels = all show no go
yep

When I ride, I like to be as stealth as possible

The fewer people that see what I am doing on my bike...the better

:twisted:

·
Registered
57 Posts
different strokes...

Some people are all about callin attention to themselves; some like to do things without as much fanfare, but still kicking maximum ass at the same time...

·
Registered
527 Posts
As far as the RC wheels vs stock. This is what I did. Pick one up yes this on is ligher than the stock. So i bought them. Like it was said before differnt strokes for different folks. Plus I wanted my bike to stand out and be different than everyone else that was chrome their stock wheels.

Blade

1 - 15 of 15 Posts