Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i just got my stealth 520 conversion installed with my XW gold chain and the grease/lube from the factory is really really sticky, and makes the chain look like crap. Do you guys clean and re-lube new chains?

·
Registered
88 Posts
I guess you can. You will never go wrong by cleaning and lubing your chain, no matter how new it is

·
DARC Racing
2,338 Posts
Some good ole WD-40.. a old shop rag and done.... dont use that lube crap.. If you take good enough care of your chain, you dont need that sticky crap.. all it does is collect dust and put extra wear on your chain..... Clean your chain once a month or anytime it gets wet, and you are golden.... Ive done it this way for years and my chains always last a very long time.... Now if you never clean your chain... perhaps a different option is better for you.... Im a freak about a clean chain / oil on my bikes....

·
Registered
320 Posts
Some good ole WD-40.. a old shop rag and done.... dont use that lube crap.. If you take good enough care of your chain, you dont need that sticky crap.. all it does is collect dust and put extra wear on your chain..... Clean your chain once a month or anytime it gets wet, and you are golden.... Ive done it this way for years and my chains always last a very long time.... Now if you never clean your chain... perhaps a different option is better for you.... Im a freak about a clean chain / oil on my bikes....
ive heard that wd-40 will make the chain to slippery. and may cause it to pop off or anything. any of that anything to be worried about? im tired of the thick lube the shop used for my 520 getting all over the rim and undertail because the chains throwing it up. does the chain throw wd-40 everywheres?

·
Registered
779 Posts
ive heard that wd-40 will make the chain to slippery. and may cause it to pop off or anything. any of that anything to be worried about? im tired of the thick lube the shop used for my 520 getting all over the rim and undertail because the chains throwing it up. does the chain throw wd-40 everywheres?
Yes !

1 - 6 of 6 Posts