Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What does everyone use to clean their helmet visor? I strayed away from Windex because I wasn't sure if there was a protective coating on the visor like cars come with to keep them from fogging up. And Windex breaks down that coat. I tried using some Armor All window wipes but they still streaked it up pretty good.

So what do you guys use/recommend??

·
flyin' hawaiian
2,815 Posts
at work we have bottles of this stuff used to clean the pc monitors. it comes in a plastice bottle and dispenses the moist tissue like baby wipes. i forgot the name of it. i found it at office max. all i know is it works. no streaks and it takes out those splattered bugs with a little effort.

·
Registered
586 Posts
I use this stuff from autozone called 20/20 its safe for tinted windows. i started using it because it was closer to reach on my bench than the windex just havent gone back. seems to work great though, plus no ammonia smell. :gas

·
Registered
7,662 Posts
I use PLEXUS and only use clean no-lint cheesecloth.

Always clean up and down, never sideways accross the face. If you by chance scratch it, top to bottom scratches are easier to deal with than side to side ones...

·
looking for more curves
1,883 Posts
I usually use the windshield washer fluid that gas stations have next to the pumps.... Or windex-ish stuff when at home.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I use those Windex quick qipes that come in the little pouch. They are great for the road because you can just throw them in your backpack and always have them there.

·
Registered
419 Posts
I remove the sheild and wash with warm sink water and dish soap. Then dry with soft cloth. I learned in my SCUBA diving lessons that the reason the mask will fog up is if it isn't cleaned properly it is more susceptable to fogging. I noticed that it is also common in the helmet face shields.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I use an easy mixture that anyone can whip up at home, 2 parts of my girlfriend's Herbal Essences, 1/2 part acetone, 2 parts NASA certified plexiglass cleaner, 1 part military grade anti-fog compound for scopes, and 5 parts water...

Just kidding, I use windex. Been using it for years with no fogging-up problems.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts