Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Impossible is Nothing.
4,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just picked one up here, my question is shouldn't there be ground wires coming from the taillight for the blinkers? the taillight part has a stock plug, and i have 2 yellow/black-stripe wires coming out, which i assume are the postive wires for the blinkers, but no 2 ground wires?! are the blinkers grounded through the taillight plug? :confused:

·
UR B-hind Da 8 Ball
6,234 Posts
The ground is shared with the tail/brake light.

·
Impossible is Nothing.
4,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
you no ground wires, just plug each one into the turn light connectors from the factory
theres no plugs on the yellow(blinker) wires, they look like the were cut and spliced in, ill just use a butt connector to wire up the postive wires!

·
Impossible is Nothing.
4,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
weird, mine had lil' metal connectors that just plug into the stock connector pins, not the whole connector
i bought it used on here, complements of one of the guys here lol, but damn never can be easy for me:lmao

·
I eat what my R6 cooks!
2,498 Posts
if not, go look for quick splices. that was what mine came with. little red/pink lookin thing with a metal piece in it. you put each wire in, and then press the metal piece down, making a connection

·
Impossible is Nothing.
4,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
if not, go look for quick splices. that was what mine came with. little red/pink lookin thing with a metal piece in it. you put each wire in, and then press the metal piece down, making a connection
ya i like those better, ill probably go pick a pack up...way easy than butt connectors:flex:

·
UR B-hind Da 8 Ball
6,234 Posts
I bought an integrated TL off eBay for my 03 to replace the one that got damaged in my accident. It had the same yellow signal wires. But the picture on ebay showed the metal connectors to insert in the plug......I got no connector. Also, the brake/tail plug was about 4 inches too short. Fortunately, I can solder the connectors on and use the old plug to lengthen the tail light plug.

This seller didn't get postitive feedback BTW.

·
crashing aint so bad
2,271 Posts
there should be two connectors. One for the tail light and one for he blinkers. the one for the blinkers will have 4 connections. 2 of the connections are the hot leads for the blinkers. Just get a really small spade connector and crimp it to each of the yellow wires from the tail light. Find which leads are hot for the blinkers and plug the respective wires into the connector.

·
UR B-hind Da 8 Ball
6,234 Posts
there should be two connectors. One for the tail light and one for he blinkers. the one for the blinkers will have 4 connections. 2 of the connections are the hot leads for the blinkers. Just get a really small spade connector and crimp it to each of the yellow wires from the tail light. Find which leads are hot for the blinkers and plug the respective wires into the connector.
There are two connectors for the turn signals and one for the brake/tail light. These aftermarket tail lights usually share the ground for all the connections so they just have the hot leads for the turn signals. My issu was that the metal connnectors that are shown in the ebay listing weren't present. No big deal. Instead of insetering the connector into the plugs I had on my old tail light, I'l just clip the wires and solder them to the leads on the new light. I'll do the same with the short brake/tail light plug.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts