Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2002 yamaha R6
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I need help diagnosing a problem on my 02 R6. Ok, so I got this bike used, nothing plugged in no fairings on it (But they did come with the bike) My only problem that I know of right now is, When I put in the key and turn it to the on position. The dash lights up, everything works ( Blinkers, Horn, Numbers on dash pop up.) But the bike won’t start, I pull in the clutch and hit the button nothing. Upon turning the key to the on position there is a constant clicking coming from the fuel pump that doesn’t stop until the bike is back in the off position. Do you guys have any methods of solving this? If this is solved will the bike start up? Or should I take the pump off and just replace it? Thanks for any and all help!

·
Registered
90 Posts
yea you probly replace it. im about to do it on mine also. because sometimes it does click sometimes not. i cant start it normally, sometimes i dont hear any clicking and also struggle a bit going at high speed.

·
YZFR6... ooodles of HP
997 Posts
Sounds like your starter relay is arcing internally. Time for new one. Check the plug for corrosion on pins as well.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts