Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Done some searching and thought I'd ask a few easy questions as I could not see them fully answered.

I'm leaning towards woodcrafts for easy future bar replacements if/when necessary but I cant understand why you couldn't remove the renthal bars in a fall down situation. They appear from pictures that you could remove the bar, leaving the fork mount in position. Is the difference that you could remove the entire clip on(including fork mount) with the wood craft?

Also, why don't more people get the attack clip ons? they look awesome! Price the main reason?
http://shop.attackperformance.com/ProductDetail.jsp?LISTID=2C90000-1151608447

One more question, why don't people use the cheaper ebay cnc'd ones?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Honda-50mm-...Parts_Accessories&hash=item35d137be36&vxp=mtr

I know this is a wide range of questions but I am undecided on getting the nicest or saving money. If I'm going to spend $150+ I might just go with the attacks for $75 more...

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,856 Posts
Woodcraft is cool because they are everywhere and cheap to fix.

Renthal can be swapped after a crash, almost any of them can. And the Renthal ones are very nice.

The attack are the absolute shit, but then, they price reflects that. The only ones better are the Gilles Variobars, but at $300+ and the bitch of getting parts....Meh.

If you have the coin, get the attack for the easy of removal.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Okay, my question between woodcraft and renthal is why does everyone say the woodcraft are removable and the renthal aren't? Are they saying you can remove the entire clip on with the woodcraft?

I am a function over form kinda guy so I will go with attack if I can but as a second best I'd go with the woodcraft if they have better functionality in the event of a lay down.

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,856 Posts
Okay, my question between woodcraft and renthal is why does everyone say the woodcraft are removable and the renthal aren't? Are they saying you can remove the entire clip on with the woodcraft?

I am a function over form kinda guy so I will go with attack if I can but as a second best I'd go with the woodcraft if they have better functionality in the event of a lay down.
I think the only difference is look and price between Renthal and Woodcraft. Both offer the ability to replace the clip on bar, just like any other aftermarket clip on brand. I think the Renthal are a little nicer in look and quality, but cost more. And the Woodcraft are available pretty much anywhere, and for less.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the input! I think I'll save this upgrade till last so if I can afford to go with attack I will :)

·
Registered
5,244 Posts
eh... get the cheapest ones that have replaceable bars. Woodcraft or vortex will work fine as either one has replacement bars for $12.

·
Pobrecitos
19,910 Posts
Woodcraft is cool because they are everywhere and cheap to fix.

Renthal can be swapped after a crash, almost any of them can. And the Renthal ones are very nice.

The attack are the absolute shit, but then, they price reflects that. The only ones better are the Gilles Variobars, but at $300+ and the bitch of getting parts....Meh.

If you have the coin, get the attack for the easy of removal.
I'm getting Renthals when the time is right.

I like attack products usually but you'd still have to remove the triple to install those suckers (removing OEM clips or other) so I don't really see the point. I mean, cool, when you have them on, but....

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,856 Posts

I like attack products usually but you'd still have to remove the triple to install those suckers (removing OEM clips or other) so I don't really see the point. I mean, cool, when you have them on, but....
Huh? The attack dont require top triple removal other that to get the old ones out.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
eh... get the cheapest ones that have replaceable bars. Woodcraft or vortex will work fine as either one has replacement bars for $12.
Seems to me if the bar sizes are the same(should be if the controls fit) I could go with any bars(including woodcraft) with any clip on set
Woodcraft ftw.

https://www.woodcraft-cfm.com/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi?search=action&category=OOOX

2 piece fork clamp. No need to remove top triple.
Attack are more $ but have the same feature. If I'm spending that kind of $ I might as well spend a few more dollars and get the super sexy attacks...

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,856 Posts

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)

huh? Gotta remove the top triple on any replacement due to the oem being there... The point is if you go down after installing clip ons, with the woodcraft or attack you could replace the entire clip on set w/o messing with the triple. Renthals are prettier than woodcraft but less functional in case of crash. Attack are prettier than both and equal in function to the woodcraft.

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,856 Posts
Seems to me if the bar sizes are the same(should be if the controls fit) I could go with any bars(including woodcraft) with any clip on set

Attack are more $ but have the same feature. If I'm spending that kind of $ I might as well spend a few more dollars and get the super sexy attacks...
Should work, but you never know. One 7/8" bar should be the same as another, but you know how that goes......:laugh

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Attack>Woodcraft>Renthal

My personal conclusion.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Should work, but you never know. One 7/8" bar should be the same as another, but you know how that goes......:laugh
True! My thinking is worst case I'll add some electrical tape if it's too small, Can't see how it'd be too large(anything is possible I guess).

·
Rubber side down
512 Posts
You have to pull the upper triple to get the stock clip ons out anyway. Well not really, I just pull the forks down while it's up on the Pit Bull's and slide them off, and the new ones on. One they're on swapping bars is the same between them all. Unless you somehow managed to damage the mount, in which case you might need new forks anyway. I went with Vortex cause bars are easy to come by. And the bars are all 7/8" so I would assume they're all interchangeable anyway.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Pobrecitos
19,910 Posts
huh? Gotta remove the top triple on any replacement due to the oem being there... The point is if you go down after installing clip ons, with the woodcraft or attack you could replace the entire clip on set w/o messing with the triple. Renthals are prettier than woodcraft but less functional in case of crash. Attack are prettier than both and equal in function to the woodcraft.
In the event of a crash, not having to remove the triple is the least of my concerns. :laugh

1 - 20 of 45 Posts