Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can some one give me a recommended clip on height? Im looking for how far under the triple clamp they should be mounted. Im running my forks flush with the triple. Thanks

08-14 R6

·
"The Dude abides .. "
4,719 Posts
you don't have to mount em flush, you can run em down further if you like. Just check clearances turning bars full right and left.. There are different degree bend of clip on's out there too. Most aftermarket clip on's are 7deg bend. Motogp i have read uses as much as 11deg. It's a comfort thing though, there is no mechanical reason you have to run them flush or say 5mm below the triple as long as you are not hitting anything or cables are not binding..
I run mine about 5mm below the triple, and that is even with 10mm of fork tube showing above the clamp.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Where ever you want so long as you aren't putting a great deal of weight on your wrists or interfering with any other mechanics as Melk stated. Clip-ons can be where ever your most comfortable, rearset position is a little different and can also affect the weight you put on your wrists, just to keep that in mind.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the advise guys. I wasnt sure if it was personal preference or some sort of advantage. I may have heard at one time that higher was better to keep weight off the front wheel while braking in a turn.

·
"The Dude abides .. "
4,719 Posts
Thanks for the advise guys. I wasnt sure if it was personal preference or some sort of advantage. I may have heard at one time that higher was better to keep weight off the front wheel while braking in a turn.
that's lots of speculation, and there are LOTS of other variables to consider. Just put em where you want em. When the back tire starts coming up all the time under braking, then worry about keeping weight off the front. ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts