Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First post here...so I laid my 2008 down, broke the right handlebar completely off. Looking to purchase Vortex clip on bars. They come in 2 versions; 0 degrees and 7 degrees. Which one is the same degree as oem? And also it had different sizes for the fork tube. How many mm is the oem fork tube? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
199 Posts
50mm and deg is all personal preference. I like the deg'd ones. I'm sure Chief or any of the vendors can help if you have any other questions and probably get you a good deal too.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info guys, does the degree'd bars reduce the steering radius? Is it more of a race stance or egornomic stance?

·
Parts Pimp
26,470 Posts
The 0 degree setup is more for stunting than anything else. 7 degree is what you'd be looking for otherwise tho. I feel like oem sweeps a little lower than aftermarket setups do.

I favor the vortex stuff cause they use the 7075 aluminum which doesn't bend and is super hard to snap. Silver or black tubes available like other companies. They don't have the gold tubes anymore.

The main advantage I like is that you can get way further off the bike in a turn since your wrist isn't cocked at such an angle. The adjustable sets allow you to move em forward and wider as well. Swapping the MC and the ignition switch gives you a much better clearance to the stay also.

I personally run the fork clamps on them low to keep me in a tuck as much as possible as well.

Use the contact me link in my signature to get an email to me and I'll get you setup with whatever you may need!

Anthony

:YEA

1 - 6 of 6 Posts