Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just started riding my first street bike (2001 r6 ebay special) and its a blast, but every time I ride, my clothes smell like gas. Is this normal, or do I need some carb work?

·
Registered
109 Posts
does it have a aftermarket pipe? after i put my slip-on on my wife makes me change when i come home from riding because i wreek like gas.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It had a "two brothers racing" pipe on it, but I switched to a stock pipe last week to help me avoid the law while learning to ride (it also made the bike run smoother at low rpm

Maybe the changes in back pressure calls for a carb adjust? Do people normally adjust when changing mufflers? Gas mileage also seems poor, but I did'nt know what a motorcylce normally gets (I've put about 150miles on it). It does run like a scalded ape though

·
Registered
7,662 Posts
its the exhaust...you creat a vacuum in the back of your bike as you ride, and the exhaust is coming back into you, kinda like sitting in a smoky bar.

i like the smell of gas.... :gas

·
Registered
4,156 Posts
kenr6 said:
It had a "two brothers racing" pipe on it, but I switched to a stock pipe last week to help me avoid the law while learning to ride (it also made the bike run smoother at low rpm

Maybe the changes in back pressure calls for a carb adjust? Do people normally adjust when changing mufflers? Gas mileage also seems poor, but I did'nt know what a motorcylce normally gets (I've put about 150miles on it). It does run like a scalded ape though
ya, the carbed bikes are more sensitive (like Sixxr. he's a sensitive little bitch) to changes in the flow of air since they cannot compensate as well as the CPU's on the FI bikes.

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
penfold said:
ya, the carbed bikes are more sensitive (like Sixxr. he's a sensitive little bitch)
what's up with all the jabs at me lately???? is it because i'm brown???

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
The smell of gasoline. Quite possibly one of biggest turn-ons :hammer

Especially on hot chicks. Pen's mom etc.... :cheers

1 - 10 of 10 Posts