Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Riding is a bad idea
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello, this may be something i could figure out on my own, but so far I've had no luck. I was riding on some curvy back roads, hit some gravel, went over the yellow line to avoid laying the bike down, and ultimately ended up in a ditch. Needless to say, the bike has a few issues now.

The issues
  • Clutch drags when being pushed with the clutch lever pulled in
  • The electric start doesn't seem to be getting a signal to the starter
  • Busted front master cylinder parts
  • bent right front rotor
  • The front of the bike is destroyed

The puzzling issues
  • The clutch dragging
  • The electric starter doing nothing

Of course the link between the master cylinder and the front break not working is an obvious connection, but I'm having some trouble diagnosing the issue with the clutch and the starter. From what I've gathered the bike wont start if the lean angle sensor is engaged. I'm not sure how likely it is that that would be the issue. Push starting the bike didn't work. This leads me to believe it could be a blown fuse, but i don't see how wrecking a bike would blow fuses. Also, the fuel pump doesn't make any noise when the key is turned, but the odometer cluster still lights up and everything.

As for the clutch, it feels like there is way too much resistance while pushing the bike with the clutch held in. I tried adjusting the clutch lever to the point that it had no free play and it still didn't disengage fully. The clutch cable looks fine. The only thing i can think that could've caused it is the clutch push axle rod thing (i cant find a technical term for it, because everyone uses different terms for it). I'm talking about the rod that actually goes into the bike's transmission that is attached to the gear shifter by another rod. it seems to be slightly off center. I figured if the bike landed on the shifter and applied enough pressure without the clutch being held in, that it might have bent, broke, etc something internally.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

·
your gunna love my nuts!
171 Posts
I can't speak for the 2nd gen R6 but I went down on my left side at a low speed on my 08. Had to fix a few things but one thing that eluded me until my first ride after the crash, was a bent clutch bracket on the right side of my bike. The clip on and clutch lever hit and broke off but not before the cable was jerked hard enough to bend the bracket the clutch cable engages to under the bike on the right side. Remove the bracket and straighten it out if its bent. Good luck

·
Riding is a bad idea
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Ill have to see if there is a bracket like that on the 2nd gen. Ill add that to my trouble shooting list. The bike isnt close enough to look at right at this moment, otherwise I would probably have her all torn apart and fixed by now. If it's the part i think you're talking about, then thats a good possibility.. having gone into a ditch kind of caused all sides of the bike to make contact with the ground at some point, so i wouldnt be surprised if that took a hit there. Thanks for the suggestion, I appreciate it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts