Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
R6 Rider 4 Life
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know how many clutch and pressure plates are supposed to be installed. The manual and guide doesn't specify how many. I have an after market kit but it doesn't specify either. Any help is welcome!

·
Registered
5,244 Posts
go look at a parts fiche. Why did you buy an aftermarket kit? who made the kit?? You understand a wet clutch is not something you want to scrimp on... right??? And list the model & year next time you want "tech" help;

·
R6 Rider 4 Life
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My bad, I ride a 2007. The clutch kit is an EBC clutch kit.

I have looked up multiple schematics and they all have different amounts. The actual Yamaha dealership fiche said 17, the partial fiche said 15... So many differences??

·
Registered
5,244 Posts
the # is variable because the steels vary in thickness. EBC kits should be sufficient.
Not all of the old clutch is bad so you can mix/match steels and or fibers if you have a caliper to measure them. Check for steel warpage on a glass table or surface. There is a stack height range... I tend to go towards the higher end #. I also don't use the tiny fibers/springs. The EBC springs aren't any stronger than stock...

Good luck getting the cover on...lol. Some have tilted the bike on the left side so you can engage the cover mechanism.

·
R6 Rider 4 Life
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Update- I ended up using 17plates in total. 9 friction and 8 pressure plates. It pulled like a MF initially, but after some adjustments, it was riding great!

·
Registered
2009 Yamaha YZF R6S
28 Posts
Update- I ended up using 17plates in total. 9 friction and 8 pressure plates. It pulled like a MF initially, but after some adjustments, it was riding great!
did you put the friction plate in first? i mean i have a yamaha r6s 2009, but i got the same kit and i started with a steel plate and ended with a friction. i used 8 steels and 8 frictions

1 - 6 of 6 Posts