Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys i need some help i ask a memeber on here but i think ima need more of a wide range lol im a newbie to this so excuse me if i dont know what the parts are.. Okay i have a 04 r6..I was at a traffic light and my clutch cable snaped on me...So i was able to take the cable off, i also took of the Arm? the peice that moves the other end of the clutch cable to ingage the clutches..So now all i have is the metal rod sticking out, but when i just try to move it i hear a "clicking" sound and it dont turn all the way so i dont know if somthing is out of order or not? when i look inside of the clutch cover, after unscrewing the oil cover up top, i see the metal arm move but very little like its hitting somthing..idunno, i didnt touch the clutch cover screws or anything so i dont know why its not fulling turning, maybe cause the bike has to be on and it would go into gear? i have no clue...Also is there and specific way too putting this arm back together while atatching the new cable? cause at the base of the metal rod it has teeth so the metal rod must go back in a certan position...Plz help me out i really dont wanna mess this up..i thought it be simple but i dont wanna take any chances , so ill ask..Im also doing my oil change at the same time..

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
lookin over my bike last night i noticed my clutch cable is pretty bad on one end, like a hamster went at it or something. I was wondering, do i need to buy a clutch cable for my model bike, or just buy any cable and adjust it myself..?

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
lookin over my bike last night i noticed my clutch cable is pretty bad on one end, like a hamster went at it or something. I was wondering, do i need to buy a clutch cable for my model bike, or just buy any cable and adjust it myself..?
Buy a model specific cable.

Don't forget to lube it!! That's why they start fraying and breaking. I do mine every time I do my chain.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.