Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went for a ride today and notice my clutch is beginning to slip. Is there anything I can to do fix this other than replacing/rebuilding it? I put on some ride it moto levers and adjusted my cable on the tree, but nothing else.

·
Registered
585 Posts
I would review a few things first. Such as..

What sort of oil do you run?

How many miles are you at?

When does it slip?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm not sure about the oil... I haven't changed it myself yet. Bike has about 6700 miles. It starts to slip at about 9-10k

·
Premium Member
13,349 Posts
I can almost bet it's because of your lnew evers. have you played with the clutch adjustment knob? have you tried putting the old levers on and seeing if it still slips?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I haven't tried the old levers because I can't find them... I'm going to go look again. Why would the levers cause this?

·
Premium Member
13,349 Posts
I haven't tried the old levers because I can't find them... I'm going to go look again. Why would the levers cause this?
Levers have fitting and sometimes the way they mount can cause the clutch cable to get bound up. Before trying the old levers try letting out your clutch tension so that the clutch does not engage as soon as you pull the lever. adjust it so that it engages closer to where your hand is almost squeezeed tight.

Take it for a ride, if this fixes the problem then put more tension on the cable until you can squeeze the lever but have no slippage.

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,856 Posts
If the bar adjustment doesn't fix it you may have to go to the lower cable adjustment. If that doesn't fix it, and it's not the oil, new cluth time

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I tried adjusting on the handlebar. I turned it counter-clockwise to where there wasn't but a couple more rotations worth of tread left in and it was still slipping. It almost felt like it wasn't adjusting anything at all. On the lower one, which way do I turn the nut, counter-clockwise also?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts