Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
Does anyone know where I can find info I. The order if the clutch plates? I had read somewhere that you can tell by the part numbers on them or something. I really need to know the most inside towards the motor plate and the most outside plate away from the crank. I have left them in the same order but not sure if anyone had flipped them. I'm pretty sure I have it right, but is hate to fry the clutch to find out someone had touched it. It's an 06' R6, I'm installing a yoyodyne clutch on with YEC clutch springs. Thanks in advance if anyone has info. Great forums here!!!

KWS 636cc Level 3 fully built motor, custom web cams, graves adj. sprockets, APE tensioner, YEC high pressure oil pump, YEC valve springs and retainers, brand new exhaust valves, custom C350 maraging steel DLC coated wrist pins, custom fuel system running only 4 Injector Dynamics ID850's, Fuelab fuel pressure regulator, return line added, and all powered by a MoTeC M800 computer, with AIM MXL digital dash, MoTeC shift light module, flex fuel sensor to run ethanol, Silver carrozzeria Tri-R's with Pirelli Diablo Corsa's for the street, and a Gold set with Pirelli Diablo Superbike Slicks for the track, Sitta bronze hard anodized GP sprocket, Sato rearset and other goodies, Rizoma Grips and brake reservoir, AGV C5 Levers, Ohlin TTX36, FP Racing/Galfer custom powder coated wave rotors, Spiegler brake lines, Armour Bodies Race Fairings with fresh paint and Decals, and the list goes on. So many people to thank for getting the bike here, you all know who you are.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
According to this, the innermost plate says painted purple, the outermost plate says painted brown. I have a black mark on the one I think is the most outside plate, and orange on the one I think is the most inner plate. Lol!! Maybe if someone knows of other ways to tell that would be great. It's not letting me upload my pic, but it's from the service manual.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I think I have it right after researching more. It seems that the inside plates towards the motor are the same part number for a few of them, but the outermost disc has it's own part number and is the only one with that number. The one I think is the outermost plate has a black mark on it and the innermost few plates all have orange marks on them. Maybe someone can verify this for me. Just adding all the info I have. Thanks guys!!

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I think I got it all figured out. All plates with orange marks I lined up on the inside with the black marked plate on the outside.

·
"The Dude abides .. "
4,719 Posts
do you copy and paste that signature into every post ?
per the manual, you should offset the final fiber plate. I doubt it hurts anything, but that is how it's done per the manual. Have you measured the stack height and is it within the spec range ?

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
do you copy and paste that signature into every post ?
per the manual, you should offset the final fiber plate. I doubt it hurts anything, but that is how it's done per the manual. Have you measured the stack height and is it within the spec range ?
Actually it posts the signature automatically, I have been posting from my phone on the app until this post. That is annoying though, im going to see how to shut it off.. lol.. Anthony Corbo mentioned the offset to me, so i offset the black outermost disc clockwise to the next slot. I measured the stack height and its good to go per Yoyodyne's instructions. Do you know if there is any specifics behind that offset? I cant see it really mattering too much, but id like to follow the directions when I can. Also, im at putting on the clutch cover, I want to crank the lever slightly so that when the cover is fully on, the dot matches the arrow on it correct? Thanks bud, you're always a huge help!

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
One last thing because my friend doesn't remember when he removed it. Does 16 go on the push rod then through the clutch, or does the push rod go through the clutch first, then the washer goes on the push rod. Before going through the clutch makes the most sense, but I want to make sure, and the picture it's hard to tell. Thank a lot!

·
"The Dude abides .. "
4,719 Posts
there are six part 16's.. those are washers that go into the pressure plate before each of the six clutch springs. NOT on the push rod..
the most difficult step of doing clutch work, is replacing the clutch cover. The push rod has to go into the cover but it will want to fall out of place time after time. I use a extending magnet that i put through the oil fill hole and carefully work the cover on with one hand, while aligning the push pin with the magnet in the other hand.
A manual would be a HUGE help.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks a lot bud. So I don't need those washers with the yoyodyne because they won't fit. Thank you for clearing that up. I ran a test fit on the cover before to check the lever alignment. I had to keep pulling the cover back a little and going back in while turning the lever to get the marks to line up. The rod stayed in luckily, but if I have to I'll use a magnet, great tip. I have a service manual, but the thing is the information is conflicting with what I'm seeing in some cases like clutch disc mark colors, and also the yoyodyne install isn't the same as a stock clutch. So I wanted to make sure on a few things, like whether to still use the marks for the push rod alignment, and just double checking on other things. You were a huge help and I really appreciate it man. Thanks a lot.

·
"The Dude abides .. "
4,719 Posts
no worries. i have done it a hundred times, so i just use the magnet to adjust the clutch actuation arm position as you did by moving the cover out till it's right, but some leave the cover on remove the snap ring that holds the arm in, then drop the arm down, then push it back in at the right position. (then replace the snap ring)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts