Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, i finnally got my bike put back together with the new fairings and stator cover and got it running :party BUT...my dad started f*cking with the clutch cable and now it starts grinding when you try to put it in gear, and as soon as you get it in gear it jumps and dies??? what the hell did he do??? HELP...i wanna ride! thanks

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Sounds like the clutch is not disengaging all the way.

How to fix it?

I dont know

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Their is two adjustments on the cable. And yes, it sounds like your clutch is not disengaging like jasamb says.

The first thing i do when I'd get a bike like this is start by adjusting the clutch lever adjuster, is screw it back into the lever. This way, down the road you can adjust from up their for awhile to come.

Now, your clutch lever is probably going to feel loose, or have free play (lever pulls in a ways before you notice much pressure at all). I take a nickel, place where the lever pivots, thats how much free play i leave. Understand?

Then go down to the engine side adjustment spot on the clutch cable. Adjust this the needed way to tighten up your free play up top. You'll have to loosen locknuts on the bottem cable adjustment. If you can't get enough adjustment out of just the bottem adjuster, you'll have to back out the top one a little also. Really fairly simple actually if you just look at the two adjustments and visualize how they work.

Then you should be good. Let me know if you have any questions.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts